Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
LOL OMG LIZ!! YOU FREAKIN' ROCK!! I don't mean to laugh but that's ONE WAY TOO PUT IT TO 'EM!!! WOW!! You and Lilly looked great! She should be on TV MORE OFTEN!! LOL

Seriously though... I'm sorry you had to go through all that and are still going through it... keep us posted!!

YAY!!! LILLY!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

·
Registered
977 Posts
You were great- very eloquent!!! Well done for seeing this through - you have the willpower of a warrior!! =D>  And you all looked really pretty! Mom, kids & Lilly!

·
Registered
893 Posts
My first celebrity boxer. Can I have Lilly's autograph ? Seriously, what happened to you was uncalled for and opened the hospital up to a very serious liability case. They are lucky the asthma didn't worsen while you were made to sit outside. I have been a trauma nurse for 30 years and I have never remembered turning away a service dog. We actually had some training on how to handle the patient with the dog present. As long as you had the proper credentials with you Lilly's vest shouldn't have been a factor in an emergent situation. Who has time to worry about putting a vest on a dog during an asthma attack ? I have had patients come into the ER without shoes, money, and once pants, because the attack was so severe there wasn't time to think. The first piority was to get to the Er. I am happy you didn't let this drop and you made your story known. It was done beautifully. Are those your children? they are adorable. You must be proud of your wonderful family. I hope you are feeling better. People with disabilities, need to speak out for their rights, and you did a great job. Kudo's to you and Lilly.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Go get 'em liz! i cant believe that. I mean in an emergency situation who really thinks/has time to go "oh let me get lily's dog vest" Seriously!! if you had her id or what not that should have been more than sufficient. I am so sorry that you had to go through this. Please keep us posted on how things work out

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for your support!!!  I just wanted to get the word out that this is what disabled people and disabled people who use service dog's have to deal with everyday.  This hosptial not only had Lilly's badge (hubby faxed from work) and training certification (from state quarantine vet) faxed to them, but they also had assurances from the disabled dependant support services team and a full description of Lilly.

I should have been treated.  What they did is wait me out till I had to leave for my kids!!!

Next step...get this "policy", review it, and fight to change it, cuz I have a feeling that they pulled that crap out of thin air!!!  If they won't change it, then I'm gonna do it real legal like.  I'll take them to court and fight for all of the disabled s.d. handlers that utilize military installations.  I also intend to go to our politicians and start shaking that tree.  If anyone can assure that they are in compliance at EVERY base, it's them.  They shouldn't be allowed to make their own rules just because they are a military installation.  All Federal and State laws should be applicable to them as well!!!

ok...Gonna step off the soap box for a minute and catch my breath...I do have Bronchitus after all.....ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! :evil:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
well be sure to keep us posted on things go. I think you have a great cause and it deserves to be changed~ the treatment you recived when you NEEDED health treatment was just ridiculous!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I completely support you and lilly in this deal and I am so sorry you had to deal with this.

Just a quick question, not sure if anyone else asked it, but why was Lilly not waering her service vest?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lilly's vest and badge were in my car and my husband had my car at work.  I hadn't grabbed the vest out of the car because I wasn't anticipating having to go anywhere that day, much less an emergency room.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
lol tripler is buzzing im sure today hahaha...id bet we should expect another interview televised from tripler...would make sense...

jsut a wait n see game now..im sure they are all upset hahaha and that they should be !!

hubby will hear about it today..bet on that..lol..

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
WOw...great job, Liz!! It was TOTALLY bizarre to see the news report, as I used to watch them give the news every night...such familiar voices!LOL!I recognize medoza AND the lady newscaster, but I can't remember her name to save my life...really weird watching it though...

You did GREAT...just keep on keepin on! THey will have to wake up eventually!!!  And, it was VERY cool to see your home and how you function day to day...it helps me to connect with where you are and what your life looks like when we talk, you know? I have always been very visual...now I can picture your living room or kiddos or Miss Lilly when we visit!ROTFLOL!

I am so sorry they gave you crap, Liz...Tripler was never known for it's stellar care...the stories of people going in to have one thing done and coming out with another are NOT just stories!  Big Pepto Bizmal bottle if you ask me! ROTFLOL!  I had TONS of military friends who ended up in there to have babies...NOT COOL! We were always concerned for them.

You hang in there...and give Lilly kisses for us!!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
KITV channel 4 Liz..email the newsroom with that report you wrote..cant hurt...let them investigate too..call the paper..get it out there..that news channel missed the key points of the story..well some of them...i know you are tired but keep moving forward..let them get sick of your face..they were wrong and they knwo it !!!..and people saw it..its not like no one was there.!!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts