Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, totally unrelated to Boxers, but I just had to share!  I've been singing and dancing in shows since I was 4, and this year I played Ruth in the Irish premiere of Thoroughly Modern Millie.  We entered the show in the Waterford International Festival of Light Opera (www.waterfordfestival.com), and our competition performance was last Sunday.  We were really disappointed with our performance and were really disheartened coming off stage.

Fast forward to last night, which was the awards ceremony, and we won:

Best Choreographer - Laura Martin

Best Comedienne - Aoife Cartwright as Miss Dorothy

Best Comedian(s) - Derek Yeates & Ronan O'Beirne as Bun Foo & Ching Ho

Best Female Performance - Bronwyn Andrews as Millie

We also came 2nd overall - narrowly losing out to the University of Lincoln, Nebraska, who were the overall festival winners.

Needless to say, we are CHUFFED!  We are an amateur group and it was a struggle to even get the show down to Waterford (it costs a FORTUNE!) and after thinking we did a terrible performance, it was amazing to get such a result at the awards.

You can see & hear Bronwyn as Millie doing "Gimme Gimme" here:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
WOW WOW WOW!!!!  Very nice and so professional -- congratulations on following your dreams and using your talents, and congratulations to your whole cast for and outstanding job!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Eimear, you have been holding out on us!!! We had a star in our midst and didn't know it??? That is a great accomplishment, especially trying to get money raised for something like that.....WAY TO GO TO YOUR WHOLE GROUP... :clap:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Eimear, that is so awesome!  I absolutely LOVE theatre (especially musical theatre)!  I have been in some productions as well, but not since high school; although I really want to again!

I'm sorry you lost out, but it looks fantastic!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
It looks great and very well done.  Can see why it did so well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts