Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL.. not sure how many of you sniff your dogs. I actually love the way pupies smell... er well, most of their parts.  Anyway my girlfriend made a comment that Thor's paws smelled like Doritos and you know what? She's right. They do!  Anyone else notice this? LOL!

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
Yep...I think all boxers feet smell like Fritos! I haven't eaten or thought of a frito the same way for about 9 years now!  8O

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Oh yes Ive come to the conclusion most of us have dogs with Frito feet :lol:  Make sure when your sniffing they didnt step in poop before hand!!! Roxy got me one day when she was a wee pup :roll:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Axel_Rose\";p=\"179133 said:
Hahaha, now Im going to go home and smell their feet!!

:lol:  :lol: I thought the same thing when I read this!  :lol:  :lol:

·
Registered
18,320 Posts
[quote="Daelith\";p=\"179169":hec0ngs2]Ya'll do realize your significant others are going to think you've lost your minds if you don't explain this paw sniffing first.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Oh yes--Bibby's feet are TOTALLY Frito feet. We've ALWAYS said that!! I think you notice it more when you are cuddling and holding their "hands"--then yours smell like Fritos!!  8O James still has soft, chubby sweet feet...for now!!  :p

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
On our way home from Jakey's soccer game, we were sitting in the car this evening waiting for a train so I started telling my husband about this thread. He laughed and just shook his head.

So I smelled Max's paws when I got home and sure enough, they smell like Fritos! That's crazy! I never knew this.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
hahaha...........It is true that most dog feet smell like corn chips (fritos/doritos) it use to be thought it was due to the corn in dog food but later thought to be the smell from the sweat glands on the pads of their paws the eccrine glands........ On the paw pads, natural micro-organisms living in the surface layers contribute to the odor of dog paw pads.......which is a little like the odor of Fritos, Doritos or Cheese puffs..... This odor is much more noticeable on dogs with moist paw pads than on those with dry pads.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts