Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot has been said about natural ears but i have a few questions.

1. how many people actually massaged their dogs ears... dungy doesnt really like it
2. Like 2 days ago they were perfect and now they are all over the place... what r the chances of them going back to normal

I have been on that site that shows how to massage them, but i am stupid i guess and dont really understand the pics so i am really hoping they will go back to normal w/o massage or taping... i mean in the end idc how they are but he is extra cute w/ those natural ears lol.

any help or explanation on what everyone did would be fantasmic!!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I dont do it a lot... Jessie has silly ears most of the time though!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've always got Hoos by the ears. He usually just falls over onto my leg and has even gone to sleep! I remember when I noticed that he had "ear control". All of a sudden they where just "up". THe flop all over the place, but he pulls them back when I come in for the face rub or ear massage

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I don't massage and Kiah has one ear that is kind of silly looking sometimes and sometimes not.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Patch loves to have his ears massaged/rubbed.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I don't massage them at all to try and set them. I just let floppy be floppy!  :lol:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I don't massage Ringer's ears to keep them floppy but I do massage them every once in a while and he loves it.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
for the people who rub them... how do u exactly rub them lol

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I will charge the battery of the camera and take a video of ear massaging.  Will post for everyone to see tomorrow evening if that ok?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Heather, that would be awesome...Even tho I can't watch it, it still would be helpful for everyone else....I massage both Samson's & Angel's ears, they just love it. You can feel them just relax as you do it....

G

·
0 Posts
I *try* to massage Jetta's...I have to catch her when she is asleep...otherwise she won't sit still long enough for me to do it and she'll try to play instead

G

·
0 Posts
I have been massaging for awhile now, then the other morning I did the electrical tape thing and that worked great.  I left them taped from about 6 a.m till noon on tuesday morning.  When I removed the tape, some hair came off, but not too much.  I have noticed in the past two days his ears when forward, hanging in the normal position.  He still likes to pull the back when he's excited, but when resting they look normal.

·
Registered
942 Posts
try using painters tape or masking tape instead of electrical tape...its a little less sticky, but still gets the job done. :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I don't do anything with Ty's ears, you can see by his pictures, he has goofy ears!  I love them!  They are always flapping, inside out, pused back etc.  It's really funny!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
did i miss the video or is it not posted yet?  just curious like the rest and am thinking of trying to tame Madeline's ears a bit.  thanks!!!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I have the video, need to locate the cord to transfer it to my computer -  No idea where it is, will check my office tomorrow am!  Sorry guys!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts