Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
scary stuff!! Really wish there was more info, this doesn't seem to tell the whole story??? Why were these 1 -3 boxers outside a vet unleashed, where was the owner (s), are the dogs in custody, are they really even boxers???? Regardless, she is one lucky little girl to have not suffered more damage, hope she heals ok.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
What an awful thing to have happen.  It's bound to stir up alot of controversy.  No one wants to believe that boxers would do such a thing, and it's always easier to blame the other guy.  I think the owner of the dogs involved in attacking the little girl are certainly financially responsible for their failure to control their dogs.  Probably be a big lawsuit over it too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The little girl's father posted a comment claiming that their Jack Russel Terrier was just minding his own business and all of a sudden these three boxers, that some lady was trying to get into her car, came running up and attacked the little girl.  Something seems fishy there, but that's just me.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
got to be more to it..boxers just running up to her out of nowhere? hmmmmmm

·
Registered
186 Posts
Okay wait a minute. This doesn't sound like boxers, not after everything I have read on them. And are they even sure that it was boxers, and if so where were the owners. That is my main question.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am kinda wondering why a 20 month old little girl would be far enough away from a parent when in a parking lot for this to even happen.Also how can you know they were boxers but not know if there were 1 of them or 3 of them?Sounds like bullcrap to me.Hope the kid recovers well though.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I remember hearing about this when it happened. The mother claims 3 dogs, the police said 1. Plus the mother said, she was covered in blood etc etc, but her face was ok.

The whole story just seems off to me. It's terrible what happened to this little girl, but the mother is lying about something.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'll be so upset if boxers get a bad reputation. I've already noticed people giving Voltaire a really wide berth because they aren't sure what he is - probably think he's a pitt bull. It's not been a good year in France for dog attacks. Just this week a 19 month old boy was attacked and killed by a rottweiler cross. He was waiting for an elevator with his mother and aunt when the dog rushed him and dragged him down the hall. A neighbour who saw what was happening came out with a knife and stabbed the dog multiple times. This didn't actually manage to kill it as it was put down later. Turns out it was a badly treated dog - it only weighed 26kg (57lbs).
As for the boxer story - still not enough info to know what to make of it.....i'm crossing my fingers it wasn't 3 boxers. Dogs should always be on leads in public places, whatever the breed - i only take Voltaire's lead off once he's in the car. Even if you have a SUPER friendly dog, you have to bear in mind a lot of people have a fear of dogs (especially one's they're physically not familiar with) and it's not fair to scare them. -Even if it does VEX  :( me that i get dirty looks and people crossing over to walk on the other side of the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts