Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Cherrypie; I'm sorry you are going such misery...I can't even imagine the pain of losing your beloved pup. I hope you soon find sunshine and music in your life again...in the form of a rescue maybe? >:D<

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
largefarva said:
Ok didn't know that the site I linked was known for BYB's and such....haven't seen it even mentioned as being bad here before. Although I will say we found Roscoe through there and I'm quite certain he's not a product of a BYB or puppy mill.

I am sorry to say that no reputable breeder would sell through that website.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I can really understand what you are going thru, when we put Samson down last year, even tho I had Angel & Flick, a huge part of me died with him..The dogs kept me going actually, so is it too soon, you would know that better than anyone, are you trying to replace Tucker? Absolutely not!! To me it's a way to honor the friend you have lost by going on and being able to open your heart to another....All those links that Heather provided, great dogs, I saw some at ABC, and as Jill knows them as well, couldn't ask for better recomendations :) Big hugs >:D< I know how awful you must be feeling now

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Can I tell you that you guys are the most awesome people anywhere!!! You have made me feel so much better just being able to vent. I woke up in the night thinking you all would think that I was a complete idiot and self-pitying drama queen for my post and here I see nothing but support. I can't thank you enough.

I have contacted all the sources that you all mentioned. My husband and I have talked about rescue, but we have a couple of reservations. First, with another dog and 9 cats in the house, we have to have a pup that gets along. Plus, we do everything with our dogs and they go everywhere with us. So it would need to be a pup that we trusted to react well to new situations and people. Plus, my husband owns his own business and there are many strangers who come into our house. And, this is the biggest reason - I know there are no guarantees, even with dogs from a reputable breeder, but after what we just went through, I can't bear to think of adopting a rescue with the unknown health of the parents and lose him.

Yesterday was black and today I'm a little better. Thanks in part to all of you.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I can't tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I've been through it with our last Boxer, Maddy. It does take time - they are family. AABR is located in Harrison City, which I believe is upstate NY. Hokie, our recent rescue, has brought us so much laughter that maybe you could find your perfect match at a rescue.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Hope you're able to find the perfect addition for your family. There is nothing quite like puppy kisses and little pink puppy toes to heal your heart, I know :D
There's also the feeling of joy watching a rescue learn to be part of your family, I know that too :D
As we learned this past week there's also nothing like the fear of seeing a new dog go after your kitties :razz: Luckily for us that was a temporary thing.....
We've been in your situation and worked quite a bit with Dawn Karam from AABR. They are wonderful about matching the right dog to the right family and occasionally have puppies and young dogs. However, the process may take a while to get a good fit.
As far as a dogs health, you're right there are no guarantees in either situation.... :(
Whatever choice you make I'm happy for you and excited with you :clap2: can't wait for new pupper updates :D

21 - 28 of 28 Posts