Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!! My Snowball has been throwing up at random the past couple days! Today she threwup early this am not sure what time exactly & then she just threw up now. It looks like just bile nothing really in it. The same with the other day although i thought it was because she ate some grass that didnt sit well.
I cant think of anything strange that shes eaten today, i did give her some frozen plain yogurt with treats mixed in but she ate that hours ago.
Could she be too hot? Its pretty muggy here but ive been keeping her indoors just in case.
I also noticed that she has a bunch of what look like mosquito bites.
Other than the random vomiting she doesnt appear to be sick or act sick. She seems pretty normal.
Anybody have this experience?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, it turns out she ate at least one quarter!!! She just threw it up, thank God!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello All!! My Snowball has been throwing up at random the past couple days! Today she threwup early this am not sure what time exactly & then she just threw up now. It looks like just bile nothing really in it. The same with the other day although i thought it was because she ate some grass that didnt sit well.
I cant think of anything strange that shes eaten today, i did give her some frozen plain yogurt with treats mixed in but she ate that hours ago.
Could she be too hot? Its pretty muggy here but ive been keeping her indoors just in case.
I also noticed that she has a bunch of what look like mosquito bites.
Other than the random vomiting she doesnt appear to be sick or act sick. She seems pretty normal.
Anybody have this experience?

Is your Snowball eating normally? No blood or nothing in the pooh? If everything is normal, I'd just watch for a few days....its probably nothing to worry about. As for the bumps, I'm not sure where you live but depending, it could possibly be fire ants.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Looks like that was the reason.

At least you made some money out of the deal.

Zuke would do that with mulch when he was a pup. No matter how much I watched him he would still swallow a little and the yack it up the next day.

Just make a pass through the house and pick up anything she could swallow. Don't want to get an obstruction.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Ate a quarter ... ??? OK ... I don't want to be an alarmist but yeah that's not good good .. duh. I tend to worry about a lot of things with dogs ... and them picking up random crap to eat is one of them ... that's kinda whay I have an issue with one of Jeff Gellaman "aggressive dog rehab protocols where he scatters food on the floor for dogs to eat, but maybe that's just me??

I'm glad she's OK ... but unless, some things change ... she is subject to doing it again?? I don't know what those things are exactly but the time to try and figure it out is "now." If she would have eaten a sock ... that's a $3000 to $5000 surgery ... depending on where you live.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I agree Chip! I generally keep all.small things out of reach & I dont leave change laying around so im not sure where she got it unless i dropped it and didnt realize. I have Snowball-proofed the joint so we should be good hopefully!!

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
So glad she threw it up. Yep dogs will eat anything money, socks and caps of bottles especially the beer/milk flat type. And many of these do not pass thru well so you were very lucky. My biggest fear in walking my pup was he would grab those darn bottle caps, they fall out of recycle cans and no one ever picks them up...except me..lol The other thing I have had trouble with are tar balls, our street are asphalt and patch with tar. Sometimes and especially if someone has had some type of work done , like tree cutters with little backhoes they ball up. About two months ago a neighbor had tons all scattered between about 4 houses. I cleaned them up must have had two Walmart bags full. Luckily another neighbor who also walks dogs would also pick some up. We now know leave it so its better but for awhile there I thought I should have named my pup Hoover.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Yes I agree Chip! I generally keep all.small things out of reach & I dont leave change laying around so im not sure where she got it unless i dropped it and didnt realize. I have Snowball-proofed the joint so we should be good hopefully!!

Well the coin thing ... maybe a one off??? I know I'll have to get better with well coins, chewing gum packages and rubber gloves ... to name a few, no puppy on deck and I've been sloppy, my bad.

But Struddell had her "incidents" ... apparently she was a closet "counter surfer??" And I never knew?? On one occasion she ate a large box of raisins!!
I came home the box was on the floor and she was there!! I freaked called the vet and he said ... just watch her if she seems stressed bring her in, but she was fine. And I never figured out how that happened???

Maybe the raisins, just fell on the floor and she got into them... don't know??? But many years after that and a few years after her passing ... I heard the rest f the story from Marilyn!!

It was not about the "Raisin" incident but it stemped form a behaviour that she had that I was never aware of???

Now you can't address an issue .. if you don't your dog has one?? And Struddell pretty which hid her "intellect" behind a thick layer of "Goofy??" She was "apparently" a "Counter Surfer" but we never knew??

She was smart enough however to know that most likely if "Daddy" saw me doing this crap .. he'd put a stop to it?? So she never did it ... when anyone was home! BUt ... she caught in the act one day. Marilyn left for work after me. And one day Marilyn went out the door and had forgotten something and turned around and came back in.

Now when she came back in she was in hurry and dashed in the kitchen to retrieve an item. ANd when she did ... there was Struddell with two on the kitchen table reaching for something, uh oh Busted??? Well maybe not?? Struddell ... just froze, Marilyn grabbed whatever and went back out the door.

But then she thought ... WTH??? And went back in ... Struddell was still there and still frozen in motion, Marilyn say Struddell?? And Struddell still now willing to give it up ...just lifted and eyebrow in reply! Marily repeated her name and then Stru felt the game was up!! :crazyeye:

How long had she been doing that crap ... I have no idea?? But she was smart enough to know ... that had Daddy known about this crap ... he'd have put a stop to it ... sooo, it's best if he does not know. :)

And she got away with that crap for I don't know how long?? My next dog ... I'll just bait her with hot dogs on the counter and if she goes for it , we are gonna deal.

But ... my point here ... is that she was still "Disciplined Enough" to pull the wool over my eyes for well years!! So I'll say "walking" exercise and training got her to that level of discipline (which she used for evil purposes) but not my point.

But my point is, that most likely, she is eating random crap because she is bored??? If that is the case?? Then step one is gonna be more toys! But since she has propensity, to eat crap ... it would have to be "Non Destructive Toys Only!

Beyond that it's back to my three Basics! Walk your dog, train Place and do Sit on the Dog.

As I have said ... in thousands of post and millions of words ... I have yet to see anyone anyone saw ... I do those things and my dog ... still has serious issues??? Maybe it happens ... but I have not seen it???

So if you've not doing that now?? Then that is where I would start. And if Snow can do a two hour "Place??" And still eats random strange crap???

Then your gonna have to eat your game and "Poison Proof" her! It's a thing ... such a dog will only take food from it's handler or from it's bowl!

Some LE K9's will take treats from strangers with the handlers permission, it depends on the department?? But a MWD ... will take your hand off! Those are not dogs that are going to be eating, random crap from off the ground???

Hopefully, you'll not need to go to such extremes??? Maybe his was just a one time thing ... I don't know. :confused:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lmao!! Your Struddell sounds like she had quite the personality lol
Yes, the only time Snow gets into ish is when shes bored & hasnt gotten enough exercise. Which ive been trying to stay on top of. She is a low key destroyer tho lol
I have deff caught her playing it cool & then the second I go to the bathroom or turn my back she will just do a ginger saunter into the kitchen especially & try to see if she can get into something lol & cuz her collar jingles i will pop out & say hey what are u doing? & she will turn back with the quickness & try to act like she wasnt doing anything!! Its pretty hilarious. I could totally see her also having a secret life when im gone lmao

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Lmao!! Your Struddell sounds like she had quite the personality lol
Yes, the only time Snow gets into ish is when shes bored & hasnt gotten enough exercise. Which ive been trying to stay on top of. She is a low key destroyer tho lol
I have deff caught her playing it cool & then the second I go to the bathroom or turn my back she will just do a ginger saunter into the kitchen especially & try to see if she can get into something lol & cuz her collar jingles i will pop out & say hey what are u doing? & she will turn back with the quickness & try to act like she wasnt doing anything!! Its pretty hilarious. I could totally see her also having a secret life when im gone lmao

Yeah she was a piece of work. :)

I learned a lot from her and there is really very little I would have done differently. about her only short coming was "getting a grip" when company came over! Everyone is here o see meee! And usually she was right. :)

I only knew of "Go to Bed: which did not stop the "whining and pleading with her eyes and the blowing of her flues in frustration at not being free to mingle?? And then company turned on me ... cause, I'm the bad guy??? Aww let her go, was the usual refrain. So I'd say fine and release the hounds as it were. She luv'd company! :)

But I did not have the right "techniques" to keep her in "place" and be calm.c Stay was to formal and "Go to Bed" was to loose?? The Place Command which I was not aware of at the time ... would have been perfect! So adding "Place" to what she already knew ... was about the only thing I'd have added??

But the covert counter surfing ... I have no idea how long she'd been doing that? I never saw it happen and Marilyn only caught her at it by accident. Apparently my Struddell, was not as clueless and unaware ... as she made me believe she was. :crazyeye:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts