Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last couple of days, Macy has been throwing up when she eats. I have been soaking her food. Is there anything I can do to help her keep it down?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
ChloeBellesMommy\";p=\"25391 said:
Is she throwing it up due to eating it to fast??
That was my question too.  Kane does that when he gulps his food, so I spread it out in a large pan where he has to work harder to pick it up (I believe Hanna mentioned putting it on a cookie sheet).  Wetting doesn't help him from throwing up so I've been just putting a little food in his bowl at a time, stand there while he eats it, then add more, etc. etc.  He is so afraid he'll miss something he just has to hurry, hurry, hurry.  Anyway, that stopped the throwing up.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Savannah and Reese will throw up if the eat quickly and then drink lots of water. I have to keep an eye on them and give them water in doses when they eat.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Teaki did that for a long time until we found a food she could keep down.  Have you changed foods recently?  Also like the others said if they eat too fast it can cause that too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it is because she is eating too fast. I just ordered them elevated food dishes because I know that is supposed to slow them down. I'll ask the vet on Tuesday what they think I should do.

Thanks everyone!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts