Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mo has been throwing up sometimes.  Not everyday but probably a couple times a week, and when she does it's a big glob of her food.  Should I call the vet or should I change her food?  Both of my boxers eat Purina One Sensitive Systems.  Niko has never thrown up.  Not sure what to do here....Help please!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Isis does that too..when she eats too fast..bog pile of food..lol..then she wants to eeat it again 8O

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry did that when we switched from puppy to adult food.  Turns out the adult food was too rich and we switched to another adult food.  Haven't had any problems since.  So maybe it is the food.  As long as she's eating and seems normal I wouldn't get too concerned yet.  Maybe a food change?
Z

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I would try to slow the intake of the food (if it is still whole they are eating to fast) and maybe try yogurt along with it.  I would consider all these options before changing food because as you have probably seen from alot of the post changing foods is not always the answer, can also cause more upset and since Niko has no problems....I would say change as a last resort.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thnaks everyone!  Maybe she's just eating too fast because the food is still whole.  And she trys to eat it again, too!  EEeewwwww, so gross! LOL  Anyway, I'll try slowing her up.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yep, Ty had this problem before.  The food was still whole, so I knew he was eating to fast because he was not even chewing it.  We slowed down his eating intake and he has been fine since then.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
You can slow down eating kibble by feeding on a cookie sheet or placing an object like a big rock in the food dish so they have to eat around it.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Cookie sheet works pretty well, I've used that with Samson..He just gives me funny looks... :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts