Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live on Long Island, NY, and we are inundated with ticks. More so than ever. We are taking off at least two a day for the past few weeks. My last boxer did not do well with the Seresto product. I am concerned about all the harsh chemicals that can be found in all the medications for ticks. I am looking for any suggestions on how to protect Gus from ticks with out all the harsh chemicals. Are there breed specific tick prevention for Boxers??? Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
All my dogs, including the boxer we had have been on NexGard for fleas & ticks, heart guard plus for heart worm etc. My oldest dog a cairn terrier is soon to be 11. Our boxer we lost to a brain stem tumor he also took Nexgard though we tried Bravecto as its longer acting but I honestly prefer the Nexgard. Once a month chewable.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All my dogs, including the boxer we had have been on NexGard for fleas & ticks, heart guard plus for heart worm etc. My oldest dog a cairn terrier is soon to be 11. Our boxer we lost to a brain stem tumor he also took Nexgard though we tried Bravecto as its longer acting but I honestly prefer the Nexgard. Once a month chewable.
GREAT!! Thank you. I will look into it.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I use Frontline on my dogs and have for years I use heart guard for their heart worm I have heard of too many reactions to those combo pills my female got pretty sick with nexguard. For added protection before I go out on our walks I spray them with Wondercide right before it’s added protection from flys and ticks it’s cedar oil and non toxic I live in Va ticks are very bad here and are now being found to carry even more disease than ever for dogs as well as people so be careful!

·
Registered
71 Posts
In Aus ticks can cause paralysis and/or death I think the wormers flea treatment do them
Vaseline over an attached tick does it - from memory

We also have leaches to add to the snake bull ants etc etc etc

Then There is Skippy with attitude or what you Folks call Giant Jack Rabbits

1 - 5 of 5 Posts