Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out for a hike today with Gaby, and at one point i was adjusting her collar and noticed what looked to be a deer tick on the back of her ear.  I turn around right away and went back home and removed it with a pair of tweezers and disinfected the area with rubbing alcohol.  I was wondering if there are any other precautions i should take to be certain she will be ok...should i call the vet? she has been vaccinated against the lyme disease so i would think she will be ok as far as that goes.

Any input on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Rene

G

·
0 Posts
Save the tick in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer and have it tested. It will put you at piece of mind.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so I went to the vet with Gaby last Monday; Vet says she will be just fine and there's nothing to worry about :D

They gave me some ointment to rub on the area 3 times daily for 5 days...the bump is already almost gone!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Reeko and Roxy get ticks all the time!! They are fine ;) I was just goin to post about this but its been 30 degrees here and Ive picked 3 ticks off of Reeko in the past 2 days!!! What in the world are they doing out now lmao

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RoxyGirl22\";p=\"67941 said:
Reeko and Roxy get ticks all the time!! They are fine ;) I was just goin to post about this but its been 30 degrees here and Ive picked 3 ticks off of Reeko in the past 2 days!!! What in the world are they doing out now lmao
My vet was also very surprised about the ticks being out at this time also....but we have had a recent warm spell here, but still you would think they would be dormant at this time...go figure :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts