Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure anyone cares but Lola won't eat it    :(  

Friggen $40 for a medium sized bag and she turns her nose up at it.  I wanted to try another cheaper food (I like the premium foods but I don't think it's as big a deal as some make it out to be) so I bought some Pro Plan chicken and rice.  She gobbles it up big time.  She even left about 15-20 kibble pieces of the Ocean Blue (they were mixed together) in the bottom of the dish.

Oh well.  First dog food she's really turned her nose up at.  Anyone else have an issue with TO Ocean Blue?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I tried some samples of Timberwolf with Sophie when she was going through her not eating phase.  One time she ate it and the next time she turned her nose up at it.  I probably didn't give it long enough to really see if she would eat it, but because she wasn't interested we just gave up and went with the Merrick.  It did, however, take a week or so to get her to eat that too.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote="RainBosmom\";p=\"46162":3tao589m]I went to the feed store today and they tried to get me to buy a dog food called Exclusive.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've never checked that site out before.  Thanks for the input.  It is 15 bucks a bag.  I am currently feeding Diamond Naturals Large Breed Lamb and Rice puppy formula.  I'm gonna have to see which is better.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I switched Maddie to Timberwolf Organics Ocean Blue about 2 weeks ago. She liked it, but I think it gave her acid reflux. She would just be walking and "bleck", she would just throw up some fluid with pieces of food in it. It would also wake her in the middle of the night, she would act like she was gagging. So, back to the pet food store.... :?  Now we are trying Merrick, the Grammy's pot pie formula. If I add warm water to make a gravy, she won't touch it. If I leave it dry, she only picks at it. I don't think it's a hit at all. I'm running out of choices!!!  :p  This food stuff is driving me nuts! She is so picky. Ol' Roy here we come! :bigrazz:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I've yet to find anything Oggie won't eat yet.  Maybe I'll pick up a sample of this stuff as an experiment

·
Registered
405 Posts
We are dealing with an allergy with Abby and are currently on Timberwolf Ocean Blue. I thought she was going to hump the bag the first time I brought it home...she loves it, although she will truly eat anything out there. Some she just gets more excited for than others.

For the picky ones...try a sample of Chicken Soup. It is now a 5 star food (you will see 4 star initially, but read down, they have changed it to 5)....Brady is our picky one and won't eat most of the stuff out there, we were actually down to cooking chicken and rice for him just to get food in him, but he is very content with the chicken soup. The company will send samples. Also check your local feed stores for samples...our feed store has a wall of dozens of kinds of samples.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Several people here swear by Chicken Soup.  Sounds like a really good food for them. The trick is finding one your dog can tolerate and will eat.  Good luck.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hmmm... maybe I'll pick up some Chicken Soup. Maddie is the pickiest eater. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
We are currently on Timberwolf Ocean Blue but switching this week to Call of the Wild grainless salmon.     I had to order online, no one sells it around here.

My dogs love their TImberwolf, but been on it for quite awhile so I am rotating a bit.  Same fish based protein, but just different ingredients and order.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
The timberwolf is grainless, and 26% protein Kash has been eating it since 10 weeks.  Cali Natural makes a Herring and duck.

I just order a bag of this kibble to check it out.  Its has most of the ingredients as Timberwolf, but in a different order, and some other veggies and fruits - also 25% protein and grainless.  I feed raw in the PM so hence why I feed grainless kibble.

http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/   Bag should be coming end of this week, so very interested to see how it is.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
We're feeding our two Solid Gold.  Sadie will eat anything, Charlie is the picky one and he's also prone to alot of issues, mainly loose stool.  I will say the Solid Gold gives them the most gas of any food we've tried.  We fed them both Chicken Soup, Sadie inhaled it, both ate the food, but Charlie wouldn't have solid poo.  I may switch Sadie back to Chicken Soup and let Charlie give it another try.  If not, my next choice for him only will be Pro Plan Sensitive Stomachs, it got a 94 on the food score!  We've been trying to avoid having two different foods.  I will say Charlie's stool is alot better now, but he burps alot, sounds like he's about to vomit a few minutes after eating.  We've elevated his food and started to put it in a lasagna pan so he has to slow down while eating!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
[quote="Nexu\";p=\"46164":3iehpst3][quote="RainBosmom\";p=\"46162":3iehpst3]I went to the feed store today and they tried to get me to buy a dog food called Exclusive.

G

·
0 Posts
my pet store told me they are getting taste of the wild in soon...and would reccommend it saying it's better than Merrick...I may switch her over in a few months when this new food is gone

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[quote="kiahsmom\";p=\"46364":2xuh2lxm]
Jesse, the only food Kiah can eat without problems is the ProPlan Salmon & Brown Rice, tried all the other better ones.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I am giving Vega the same as JeepKuntry. Solid Gold Wolf Cub has Bison and Salmon. I mix it with large Curd Cottage cheese and it helps tremendously with the gas. Getting ready to switch her to adult food. not sure what we are going to switch her to. I think I will probably take her in the pet store and let her try some foods to see which one she favors.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL Mizorie, I did one bag of the Wolf Cub as well and the reason I'm looking for something different is the gas.  Lola did a bag of Merrick's earlier in her life, I think it was the wilderness blend (it had Buffalo as a main ingredient) and again, there was a significant increase in gas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts