Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Petey's about five and a half months old now, and I'm wondering when it's time to start transitioning him to adult food. He's already gotten his "big boy teeth" as my wife calls them. You can see them starting to come in in the first pic on his gallery where he's snoring. It was funny at that time because he would come up biting my arm wanting to play and it didn't really do anything cause he was just "gumming" stuff with little or no effect. Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated--Rich

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
You could switch him over at any time. Just a matter of preference. I don't feed puppy formulas at all. I would start with an all stages food right from the start. If you want to switch him off of the puppy formula, maybe use the same brand you are feeding and just switch him to the all stages or adult formula. When you do switch him over, do it gradually by mixing the two formulas over a one-two week period. It's easier on his system that way, unless he's like Maddie and will just pick out the new food and spit back the old!  Smartypants!  :eek:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
YOu can start transitioning over anytime now, just do it gradually! Some dogs can handle it quicker than others, but to be on the safe side, I usually figure 2 weeks. Like Toosie said, if you can use the same brand, but just switch to an all stages formula..

Lisa, I'm laughing at Maddie pi9cking out the new food and leaving the rest.... :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts