Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do boxers only have litters certain times of the year? For example all of the boxers I have seen are only born in January or around spring?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I believe all my 5 have been born through out the year, not just spring. I guess turning them into an inside animal prevents the "spring only " litters like you tend to see in outdoor animals such as cattle.
Just my opinion, but I think we have breed the "time of year" litters into simply, time of LIFE litters ( ie: most females won't come into season till approx 7-9 months of age )

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
No, boxers do not have puppies at certain times of the year...it all depends on when the heat cycle falls for the female. And also when the breeder decides to breed...

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I dont think they have it at one time because Maverick is born in June and i have seen boxers born at all different times of year.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah was born in August.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It definitely depends on when the bitch's heat cycle happens and whether the breeder chooses to mate at that point...Angel was also born in Aug, same as Kiah..I think it's just more coincidence than anything else that you see pups early spring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts