Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, quick question.

Over the last few days i have noticed my boxer has been eating less food, and is constantly trying to tip his bowl over or cover it over.

Seems strange to me especially as he usually finishes his food very quickly, all his other behavior is normal, and he seems happy enough.

FYI he is fed a raw diet and gets a nice variety of different meats/bones ect, i have tried a few different meals to make sure it wasn't something he didn't like but get the same result.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi all, quick question.

Over the last few days i have noticed my boxer has been eating less food, and is constantly trying to tip his bowl over or cover it over.

Seems strange to me especially as he usually finishes his food very quickly, all his other behavior is normal, and he seems happy enough.

FYI he is fed a raw diet and gets a nice variety of different meats/bones ect, i have tried a few different meals to make sure it wasn't something he didn't like but get the same result.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
That's normal. He's trying to cover it for later because he doesn't feel he needs it. It should only be a phase so wait him out. I usually take it away after they try "burying" their food, and yes, I feed raw too. Been through that several times. Sometimes you'll even notice that he gobbles it extremely fast some days like he's starving. Don't give in and give extra unless you want runny/soft poops. I've done that too. Wasn't so much fun on doggy doody duty!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts