Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
New father to a beautiful boy called Ziggy.
He鈥檚 7 weeks old (early I know ) and a right character!!
I have read so so much about boxers on here you guys are so helpful and full of knowledge.Read everything like...
Food
Training
Behaviours
Potty training
Is there any advice trick or tips I should know about ?
thank you
6084A1E6-66C8-4914-AF93-838BBEB113D9.jpeg

Registered
Only things I would say, is set boundaries early, start training but keep it short, no more than 15 min, don't get frustrated, but most of all, enjoy the puppy stage, it goes by in flash. Congrats on the pup!

Super Moderator
Beautiful puppy 鉂
For me, I tell our clients to enjoy their puppies and don鈥檛 expect to much from them in the beginning. Place some boundaries but remember they are just babies and have some patience.

Registered
Beautiful puppy 鉂
For me, I tell our clients to enjoy their puppies and don鈥檛 expect to much from them in the beginning. Place some boundaries but remember they are just babies and have some patience.
I keep forgetting a lot of people get there pups at right around 8 weeks. I got my guy at I think 11-12 weeks. I started training right away and he picked a lot of things up so quick. Although I did keep training to short periods of time.

Is there a big difference in a pup being able to pick things up at 8 weeks and 12 weeks?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Everything at the moment is regimental with his food and potty training !
massive improvements ! He waiting by the door to be let out already !

Registered
That's great he is doing so well with the potty training all is really takes is some persistence and it all usually works out well! Some dogs pick up the training a lot faster than others that's for sure. Remember to leave some of his poop outside where you want him to go and take him back out to that spot and say "go potty" he will get it. The main thing is just being consistent with him all the hard work now pays off in the long run.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Amazing thank you! I have been cleaning it up and he鈥檚 been going all over the place will leave a few ! 馃榿

Premium Member
Wether it's basic potty training, simple commands (ie: sit, down, come) or even advanced tricks always remember to use positive reinforcement training. In general Boxers don't do well with "corrective" training.
In the beginning keep training sessions short (maybe 10-15min) and do sever per day but always be positive and keep your Boxer engaged.

Registered
I got my old dog before the age of quality cell phone cameras. My advice is to take plenty of pictures and videos now and through all stages. Even if you think you have too many photos, I promise you, you do not.

Puppy time is also a great time to familiarize him with lots of places, sounds, and people.

He is beautiful, by the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts