Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am hoping to get a new boxer puppy in the next 4-6 months, but need some advice as to whether I am making a good decision.  My situation is this:

I am a private charter pilot and thus travel quite a bit.  Unlike an airline pilot, however, I am home about 18-20 days a month.  I am concerned about those 10-12 days a month where I might be on 1-3 day overnight trips.  I live with my girlfriend who can help with the dog and she works a normal 9-5 job.  Is it okay for the new boxer to be alone for 8-9 hours a day on those few days a month where I am gone and my girlfriend is working?  Is a new boxer puppy better suited for someone who can be with it all the time for the first few months?  I really want this puppy to work out with us, but I also don't want to raise a puppy that will not get the best home possible.  I would appreciate any advice, be it good or bad for me.  Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.