Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asking what you gys think about dressing up the dogs in winter clothes I have gone out and got my babygirl a winter jacket and hoddie sweater...she seams to really enjoy it but not to sure what the side affects would be to use them with her. If there are anythings i don't know about clothing and dogs please let me know....hope you can help..

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think for girl dogs it might be ok...but me and Ares will pass.  I put my hat on him once and he got jacked.  I couldn't imagine a sweater.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
If you live in a cold climate, it definitely won't hurt...I just cut the sleeves off a couple old sweatshirts for my 2...They will be used mainly as jammies at nite...I noticed that Angel crawled up into the bed last nite, which she generally never does, cos she was cold...The booties are good also if you plan on walking in icey conditions or snow..As a fashion statement, like these silly girls dressing up their little frou frou dogs, no, I don't do that..To keep them warm, oh yea, that short coat sometimes needs a little added protection and both of mine sat as nice as can be when I put them on this morning :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K no its not for dressup its to keep her warm dressup was for halloween and other holidays witch she apsolutly loved  she got spoiled by everyone on halloween this year she got treats along with the kids so cute she was dressed as cat woman lol everyone thought she was the best and had her pic in tha paper so cool....anyway they are acctually dog sweater and dog coat i got them from the pet store she was always shivering and barking to get back in before i reached my door i used to make her stay out for about 20 min 7 times a day but lately she has not stayed out and had accidents in the hosue when i got hwer the sweater and coat she seams to like it she stays out for the full 20 min and doesn't bark as much where i live we have already got some snow and its cold as heck here so yha she would need something but not to sure about what or if the sweater and coat will do.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
A sweater or coat certainly won't hurt, but it's important to check the temperature outside in the cold months to come.  If it's freezing outside, you probably will have to adjust the time your pets are kept outside.  They can get their exercise on good days or in the house, but not in freezing temperatures.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I live in Texas so probably not much freezing weather going on here, but I do have sweaters for my dogs and put one on for our early morning and late evening walks when it is a little chilly.  Bo shivers when it is chilly without his sweater.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
We will be getting Sadie a jacket for the cold Canadian winter we are about to have. It gets to around -35C here so we will be playing lots inside to get her exercise!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Boxers do get a winter coat, so to speak if they are in colder climates, but if she is shivering, definitely use a sweater or coat, look for warmth rather than style...Samson is soo broad across the chest, that's why I decided to use old sweatshirts and I know a lot of people that do the same thing  :) Have to get pics of mine in their "jammies"...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thxs guys i have gone for warmth not style but they do look cute too a little extra money to look good and keep warm i am just glad its ok i had no idea what i was going to do if i could not use dog sweaters or coat it is so cold here already.... like i said before she goes out for 20 min 7 times a day or she goes in the house she has accidents already when i tried to keep her in more during the day so 20 min 7 times a day seams to do her good and with the sweater and coat she keeps really warm too. as soon as i get the connecter cables i will send some pics to shw her thxs for all the advise. :D

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I always swore I never would be "one of those people who dresses up their dogs" but I might have to for warmth.  It gets cold in Massachusetts and I like to take Oggie for at least a walk a day.  I can tell he already hates the cold so I don't want him to equate walking with something negative.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
YOu know that's funny, both of mine seem to love the cold...We just came in from our morning romp and it wasn't even 40 degrees out and they had a blast  :) They did wear jammies last nite tho

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Just last night, it was freezing, so when we took Ty for a walk we put a fleece we bought for him on him.  He enjoyed it and it looked super cute!!! I don't normally dress him up, but it was cold out.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I think I am going to have to get Patch something, he doesn't seem to like it when its cool out... late last night and this morning, he did his biz and wanted right back in :)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
[quote="samsonsmom\";p=\"45253":38ouhn32]Boxers do get a winter coat, so to speak if they are in colder climates, but if she is shivering, definitely use a sweater or coat, look for warmth rather than style...Samson is soo broad across the chest, that's why I decided to use old sweatshirts and I know a lot of people that do the same thing

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
My Tyson still has not learned to lift his leg to go potty, so he is still squating as well.  His sweater fits great, and he has never peed on it.  I checked the first time I put it on him (I still check everytime just in case), so I have had no problem with that.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Even with a sweater and coat (made for dogs) babygirl gets cold still she wines to get in like 3 min after she gets out but i live in ontario about 2-3 hours from ottawa so its cold cold here lol we got snow already!!! so i am not to sure if their are pants and boots i can get for her but i am looking her poor feet were freezing when she came in tonight i felt so bad :( so if anyone knows of pants or something to help with the cold and boots i would so be very greatful.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Check Dr Fosters, I like their stuff and reasonable too...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts