Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, a little background history... we got Koa this past Friday from the breeder.  We've been keeping him in the kitchen, blocked off with a baby gate with his crate so he doesn't get into any mischef during the night.  Two nights ago, we gave him a blanket, a toy from the breeder (with mom and litter scent), his new bobo, and a hot water bottle.  HE DID NOT SLEEP AT ALL... just cried bloody murder the entire night till 5AM - I gave up and let him sleep next to me on the floor while I was on the couch.  Last night, we changed it up a bit.  We covered the top of his crate with towels, added a ticking clock, added a shirt with my scent and one with my wife's scent, turned on a radio with some smooth jazz, along with all the other stuff from the previous night.  He slept like a CHAMP!  No whining at all until 3:45 with little whimper to go out to pee.  Once we came back in, right to sleep in his crate!  I'm not sure which dog I'll get tonight though... I'm hoping for the SLEEPING one!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
WTG Koa!!!  The first week is usually the worst, but it sounds like you have found the right combination to keep your little guy happy and sleeping.  Good luck tonight!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
WooHoo Koa!! What a good boy you are. Keep up the good work!  :D

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
whooooop whooop Koa..thats great !!!!!!!!

cross our fingers that tonite will go wel and hes got his sleeping groove hehe :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Yea for Koa! Glad all the tips we gave helped and let's hope he continues to do well....It really is hard not to go and just cuddle them when they start that whining, especially if it gets loud!!! He's such a sweetheart and I just love the pic in your Siggy....Have to show that to hubby...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Good Boy Koa!!! What a good little guy he is. Doesn't it just feel great when you know they are content and sleeping soundly. The crying bloody murder part is not so fun!  :lol: I hope he continues to sleep well. Good work!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another good one last night... no crying.  Just enough whimpering to let me know he needed to go out to potty twice during the night.  He's still so little so he's got a tiny bladder.  This is MUCH better!!!  Hopefully the trend continues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts