Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took pictures on Saturday too but these are better since I was closer and took closer shots.  I really needed someone to explain what was going on it was very confusing to me and seemed to go really fast.

Met Hannah and got lots of kisses from her.  She is the dog with the lady in the green-she got a first on saturday (not sure in what) and 3rd with todays judge

This is the 2nd place female

1st place & best of winners

Best of winners group

Hannah mommies boy got best of puppy

Liked this male (Kiah is about the same size as this male)

Don't remember what this class was just liked the brindle color.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
dont you love the shows..i was like WOW at ours plus SHamrock was so awesome hehe.. so fun

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
You know me, I do like my brindles, but some nice looking dogs there..Hope you had fun, despite it being a bit confusing

·
Registered
236 Posts
Awwwww! What good looking examples of a boxer! I am such a goon for boxers now! I think they are just so perfect. I want to go to a dog show sometime. I have never been. And honestly I used to think they'd have to be sooo boring! Now I think I'd just drool all day long :wink: !!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hardest thing to do is keep your hands off them; I just wanted to give them all hugs and kisses.  The lady that had Hannah was really nice, she let me pet and love on her while they were waiting to go in the ring.  I felt kind of bad because she had to take her away to calm her down but she behaved really well while showing.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Our shows were in March. I didn't make it to the big Seattle Dog Show, but we did go to the Peninsula Dog Fancier's Show 3/22/08. The Portland, OR show was televised on Animal Planet! Lots of cool shows in the Northwest!!   :D

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I am dying over here not being at ABC this week.   Oh well, sure I will get updates but miss seeing all the dogs and my breeder/boxer firends.  (sniff sniff)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I'm SO in love with this baby boy named Brewski!!! This was at the Peninsula Dog Fancier's Show!

Julia and Brewski

Brewski

·
Registered
498 Posts
Shows are so much fun and the thing is, once you start showing (at least for me) it becomes more about socializing and having fun then winning. I meet awesome people at shows and matches and it's a wonderful way to network with not only boxer people, but all breeds. We all bring our tents and they usually have food and vendor stands so even if your dog doesn't make it past their initial judging, you can stay there all day and just watch other dogs, and chit chat. I love it! I'm hooked, even if Shamrock never makes championship (which might be the case since we don't have enough boxers competing here in Hawaii for him to take a major)

I am glad that you had a good time-I plan on going to Kentucky next year to the ABC show and meeting the top Boxer breeders. My parents live in Columbus, Ohio so I can stay there. I think it will be so much fun.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am hoping to go to ABC next year too.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
How awesome!! I plan on going as well Theresa & Barb..we can have a Boxer Forum meetup :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
I was thinking the same thing! Great minds think alike, I suppose. It's in May, right? That is what I saw on the ABC web site. I think it lasts a few days too. So, we can all meet on a certain day, woo hoo vacation in Kentucky. hey, they have GREAT white water rafting there. Sounds like a plan, I am SOOOOOO in :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts