Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, really hoping someone can help me on this one :D.  I have had Popeye and Hazel in seperate crates, but I really want them to stay together in 1 crate. So right now they are in the same crate, and they arent fighting or even playing rough right now, but they do keep bothering each other lol. its cute, but i was wondering if eventually if i leave them in there, they will fall asleep, i mean they have to eventually........dont they? lol

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Personally, I do separate crates.  Just because being left alone even though my dogs get along, I am still not in the comfort level of having them together alone yet.  I am ultra paranoid since Kash is only 12 weeks.

Also I want each to have their own separate "Happy Place".    With their scent, their toys and what not.   Some people have crated together I have heard on dogs who are older and been together for a bit, but not sure on within the first week.   So I cannot help ya here, just know my reasoning for wanting to do it separate.

Hope you get some good answers:)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I would put them in their separate crates and just put them next to each other so they can be reassured by seeing each other.  It's like trying to feed them from the same bowl.  Works when they are very young, but you'll probably have to give it up when they get older.  They need to have a place of their own.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
I agree with what has already been said. I think they need their own seperate place. I would place the crates next to each other so they can see each other, but definitely seperate crates.  :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
I agree with everyone else as well.  Roxy and Astro have their own separate crates and when I get Jersey home, she will have her own too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts