Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please send Ashley healing vibes for her spaying tommorow!
My baby goes in at 7am, and we pick her up at 5 or so. I called the vet to make sure he too had NO ACE on her chart..and she will be coming home with pain meds for a couple days..but nothing for sedation, as she had a BAD reaction to Valium she was given after her crop. Her vet says he will stich her up all nice and pretty..but I still will worry till I have her home in my arms to love on tommorow night....
I'm kind of scared, but know she pulled through anesthesia just fine last time...and pray she's not a licker..GOD..I so do not want an E-collar on her!!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
big boxer wiggles and hugs to Ashley!! i am sure she will do just fine tomorrow..let us know how it goes!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Of course you are going to worry! I think that's our lot in life Linda....Sending tons of positive vibes for Miss Ashley tmw and for a speedy recovery

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Good luck Ashley! I'm sure she will do just fine!  :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hugs and kisses and quick healing vibes from the K's and me.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Ohh, poor baby. I hope she heals quickly. We're sending healing energy for Ashley.

And sending hugs for Mommy Linda! Good luck.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Good luck to Ashley tomorrow. I'm sure she'll be a-ok. Try not to worry too much Mom  :wink:

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Get well soon Ashley, and try not to worry too much Mom, im sure she will be just fine :D  :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
I hope everything goes well for you, Ishy (yes, I'm going to call her, Ishy *lol*)! Best of luck that you heal quickly -- and no lickies, Miss!

Let us know how everything goes, Mom! :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, she is home...quite pathetic looking to be honest, and it seems like she is in a bit of pain, so I gave her her pain pill about 20 minutes ago.
I do have to say, since seeing pictures on our fourm, and seeing my other females post-spay scar, I almost fell over when I saw Ashleys..Literaly..ONE suture! She has an insicsion about 1 inch long, and that it! I asked the Vet ( told ya he was good...lol ) and he said they have come so far in Veterinary medicine, that they make this tiny hole, remove one ovary at a time, and disect the uterus and slip it out the little keyhole opening ( I would guess, much like a laproscopic proceedudre, but they do not inflate the abdomen ). They tigh off the supporting structures, and bleeders, and she was done. He said she will be sore still tommorow, but much more active since she is still burning off the anesthesia.
I just feel bad for her, because you can just SEE the hurting in her eyes

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Awww, poor girl...Well I'm glad to hear that all went well..One suture? Wow....Sending tons of healing vibes for our girl

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
My guess is that you are going to have more worry trying to keep her still than anything else.  Keep us posted.

Nano

·
Registered
738 Posts
Wow she is so lucky! I can't even begin to describe how long Jasmine's spay incision/scar is  8O

Good luck keeping her somewhat still for the next few days... once she wakes up tomorrow she's going to be back to her old self  :lol:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts