2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ugh guys... tomorrow is the day  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

I have my first fitness test...
1 mile
2 200s
4 100s
8O  8O  8O

I am sooo screwed lol... i havent run in like 4 days lol... i have now seen my dr that did my surgery and the team drs.  Neither think i should do this run w/ all the surgeries i have had on my knee... BUT of course the coach doesnt care.  So I have said F it.  I am going to fail it, i am not gonna lightly jog, i will give a decent effort, but nothing that would hurt my knee.  THEN my plan is to do AWESOME in goal so he can totally forget about the fitness test and go on how good I played.

Lets hope that works...  :?

I'll tell u guys how it goes

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: tomorrow is the day

honestly it isnt the test that scares me it is how my coach reacts to it.  He gets sooo pissed about running and how I suck bla bla bla... he once said I was horrible but it was a good thing cuz that means i could only go up... ummm thanks? lol

·
Registered
7,902 Posts

Good Luck Laura, get Dungy to give you some good luck kisses before you leave :D

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

dont worry!!!! you ll do fine  good luck!!!!!!! :D  :D

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

LMAO... well that was fun... I did horrible lol... didnt do too bad on the sprints though.  Of our 3 gks, one did really well but didnt pass, and me and the other one were basically together the whole time.

After the test the coach called the gks over (awesome, cant wait to get yelled at lol)... he was soooo pissed, he said that that was the most ridiculous thing he has ever seen and we were horrible and we better be EFFING good gks cuz we r horrible runners.  And then he talked about how he was a gk and he made his times blablabla... well now he is a fat cow and couldnt run around the track.  He also said he could go out to a trail and find a 50 year old that could run better than us... well cant wait for the test tomorrow

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I guess i will never understand why a coach thinks belittling a player or making harsh comments is always the best avenue..I know you need to apply pressure and motivate your players to keep striving but i certainly think they can add some praise in there for good efforts..good job to you for going there and trying.. :D

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I knew it was coming... i dont think he has ever given a good job speech... he said to everyone as fast as he got us here, he can kick us off the team... um if u r gonna kick me off the team cuz i cant run but can play goal well... fine by me

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
...Ummm...Name & address, Laura...and I'm coming out to slap the STUPID out of that man!! Holy cr*p!! THAT'S the way to get your player's respect...NOT!!  You're a freakin' goal keeper, not a forward or a striker. You've got basically, what, 20 yards in your control? Geez, attitude adjustment needed there.
Having said that...Good luck tomorrow, where your real talent will shine. :D

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i played lacrosse in HS & college and rowed crew all 8 yrs....omg @ the coaches..team gets better coaches get stupider lol

dont sweat it sweetie..like Sharon said i couldnt agree more..theres a whole nother life out there after school...give it your all but remember that he doesnt have to deal with the lifelong pain that injuries bring..esp knees..i have had bad ones since little and still played rough sports haha..ya i didnt listen either..funny id be saying these things but ive been there...

give him the finger in your head and do your best hehe

be thinkin about ya

1 - 20 of 20 Posts