Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, is it possible that a dog can be lazy in the crate with the potty habits?

I put up the crate divider and Tonka will pee or poo first and then bark.    I no longer let him have the "run" of the house because he is still a puppy and obviously potties without warning.  He is on leash in the house.  

The barking in the crate, I am learning to ignore.  I no longer give in to him.  But, he does not go into the crate willingly, even if I put treats or something in and try that method.  I literally have to pick him up and put him in and then close the door quick...  And then he gives me the sad look.  Some of his expressions seem so human-like, especially when he wrinkles up his forehead!

·
Registered
942 Posts
I tried almost every trick in the book with Kaci, the only thing that seemed to work was feeing her in her kennel. Put his food at the back of his kennel at feeding time...when ge goes in to eat the food, DON'T close the door. It will show him that his kennel isn't always bad and he's not always going to be locked in there if he goes in. Kaci now LOVES her kennel and will often sleep in there at night with the door wide open.

This is also a good article on kennel training from boxerworld...
http://www.boxerworld.com/forums/view_c ... -puppy.htm

·
Registered
186 Posts
Have you tried a play pen attached to the crate. That is what breeder is doing with Loki and it works. He will sleep in the crate and play in the play area. Goes into the crate with no problem. You can get the play pen thing at petsmart, petco ect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts