Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Do you have a jacket for your dog?

• Of course - It's cold!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - it's a dog not a kid!

• It depends on how cold and how long we are out.

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we are so wimpy down here in sunny Florida - BUT this morning I took Chloe out for our walk and it was in the 50's - anything under 70 and I need a coat - so I ran back in the house and got on my leather jacket.  Chloe didn't want to go back outside - but we had our walk anyway.  I wonder if in the winter when we might get into the 30's & 40's if dogs need a jacket?  I mean - they have so little hair.

·
Registered
616 Posts
We have t-shirts for cool days and I just ordered sweatshirts from drs. foster website for colder days.  We are in Illinois and they are forcasting some cold days ahead....starting Thursday!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ha, ha.  I live in Ontario, and I have a plush jacket for Chance for in the winter.  He also has snow booties so he doesn

·
Registered
770 Posts
Glad to hear that its not just my Daisy who has a collection of t-shirts and coats! Do you think its a boxer thing that they love to dress up? I think that Daisy loves all of the extra attention she gets when she goes out in a rather fetching coat or t-shirt! Pink is definitely her favourite colour!  :D
Back to your question though! We all know that our boxers are big babies really, so when its wet or rather chilly we have to wrap them up warm and cosy to keep them happy!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DH told me that under no circumstances am I to buy a dog clothes!  What he doesn't know won't hurt him - plus once she's worn it - we can't return it.  It's back up to the mid 80's - but I am going to get her something lightweight anyway for when it gets into the 40's.  

I just hope she doesn't try to tear it off :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts