Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Too sloppy...

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Zhanna 
#1 ·
Are some of your boxers really sloppy eaters? Guido is real bad every time he eats its all over his mouth and it never fails that he wipes it on my dress pants from work. I wipe his mouth off and he just keeps eating so he's sloppy again. He does it with his water too. Anyone experience the problem of sloppy eaters?  :lol:

#2 ·
Kiah is not that sloppy but she inhales her food.  Finally got her to slow down with a toy ring I put in her food bowl so she has to eat around it.

#3 ·
Fiona is not sloppy either....She does however pick up a mouth full of kibble (her bowl is in the kitchen) and brings it into the living room, drops it all on the floor, she lays down and then eats one piece at a time.  I guess she wants us to watch her eat it, or she is just a lazy pup....:)

#4 ·
kiahsmom\";p=\"16158 said:
Kiah is not that sloppy but she inhales her food. Finally got her to slow down with a toy ring I put in her food bowl so she has to eat around it.
That's what Macy does too! It's good idea to put a ring in the bowl because Macy does eat way too fast. She won't even go near the bowl until Guido is completely done eating. I think it's because she has been used as a towel too many times!

#7 ·
Roxy is such a clean eater and drinker lol Ive never seen a dog that made so little mess when she eats!! However when she gets RAW at night she manages to get it all over he face lol She gets it on her nose and sometimes up on her head!! Rocky however(the male we had at our house for a few days) I dont think he got any water LMAO it seemed as if it was all over the floor!

#8 ·
Angel is both actually..She'll take a moyth full of food, then dump it on the floor, sometimes she eats it, sometimes not, but Samson will clean up after her!! Both of mine like to use my bedskirt for a napkin, or the couch, I try not to let them use me for face cleaning.....As for drinking water, oh my, Angel is a slob! she leaves a trail behind her, I'm always wiping the floor up after her....It's kinda normal actually for boxers..Them lips you know.. :lol:

#10 ·
Astro is a disaster when he eats!!!  He must not chew properly cause he chews with mouth open so to say and his food always manages to fall out of his mouth.  I have to vacuum everytime he eats cause he gets it all over my house!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.