Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I guess since hurricane season is almost over and we haven't had any... nature thought it would be a good idea to throw some tornadoes our way. These are just some pics here in Pensacola, FL. I didn't even realize it made World Wide News till we started having family call us yesterday to make sure we were okay.... which we are. I lived in Oklahoma for 2 yrs and never saw anything... so this was interesting. 4 tornadoes and a waterspout hit Pensacola yesterday and we got a little over 13 inches of rain... the town next to us received 27 inches!! Just thought I'd share pics...

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
8O thats why i told hubby we arent movin to OK..we can do texas but not ok..no thanks im a massaxhuetts chic ..no tornados for me

glad you guys are ok:)wow at the pics !!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Oh good.  I was gonna ask if you guys were alright.  Hear on the new that Pensacola got hit and you were first thing I thought of.  Glad you are all OK. :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So glad that you are all ok and those are great pics but sad to see the destruction.  As a kid I saw twin tornadoes and it was amazing; they never did hit anything just some prairie land.   Since then tornadoes have fascinated me but I always hate to hear that they hit where people live.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Holy shirt without the R. That is crazyness. Cool pics in their own way. Glad to hear you are okay.

·
Registered
977 Posts
8O Really scary 8O ! I'm glad it's always pretty normal weather over here. I would've PANICKED if i saw that out of my window.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Those are really great pictures.  Tornadoes are never fun, neither are hurricanes.  We lived in Indiana and Michigan most of our lives and have always had tornadoes, even have tornado drills in school.  When we lived in VA we went through two hurricanes and those are no fun either!  Glad everyone is okay!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
So glad you are okay! We get the water spouts and mini tornadoes down here too. They are amazing in that they can totally tear up one house and the one next door is untouched. freaky stuff! I heard the one in Pensacola went right through  a daycare there. Scary...Scary

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Glad everyone is ok, I saw all that on the news this morning..We got off pretty light, just a lot of rain, been a very light storm season for us...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haven't had a hurricane yet since I've lived here... not that I want one! We use to have tornado drills in TX when I was in school there. Also at the nursing home I worked at in OK... so glad we never actually had to deal with one... it was a LOT of WORK and a mess just doing the drill.

Tornadoes have always fascinated me too, not sure why... just got some really good pics and thought I'd share.

Yeah... everyone from that daycare was okay... I would have been sooo scared for my girlie if she went there. The only thing I don't understand... is we had FOUR different tornadoes and yet the news is only reporting 1 or 2... 4 different parts of town... and then the water spout... which is just amazing. No one here was killed and only 4 people had to go to the hospital for injuries. I saw something about some northern states that got hit recently and they did have a few casualties... :(

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I grew up in the mid-west and lived through tornadoes every year in some fashion.  They suck!!!!!!!

Glad you guys are okay!!!!

Pix are cool tho!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts