Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucy and Sam are normally pretty good with sharing but we recently bought these bones and it never fails, Lucy wants all of them. Sam will typically give in but every once in a while they get into it. The instant I hear comotion, I intervene and take the toys away. Am I doing the right thing or should I let them work it out?

·
Registered
880 Posts
If I get two bones for the dogs, one for each Oscar only wants the one Jetta has and he will either grab it directly from her mouth, or bark at her till she leaves it alone.

G

·
0 Posts
I only have one bone total...They share them very well...Bo ALWAYS chews first, but when it comes time for Jetta to want it, he generally gives it up to her.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I do have conflict with them sometimes.  The young dog will bark at the male if he has the bone/toy and I will tell her that is "enough".  He will give her "the look" and she will leave it alone but protests loudly.  I am the pack leader so I make it known that I don't appreciate the behavior of barking and that the item is "Mateo's"  I let her know that verbally also.

Nano

·
Registered
942 Posts
we have to put the new toys in with their old toys when they're not arround. If we just give them the toys he'll want what she has and vice versa and it always ends in a fight. We haven't had a toy fight in quite awhile though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts