Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have started my 2 week vacation today, I've decided to do some really late spring cleaning..And Chloe's toys are at the top of my list. Anyone got any idea's for what to store toys in? I currently use two huge rubbermaid containers but Chloe has managed to break both of them.  I just want it to look a little neat then it does now.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
[holy crap, those are your dog's toys? 8O  8O  8O ]

My sentiments exactly  :D

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I like to use high quality, handmade, wood toy boxes for my kids and my dogs toys.  It looks nice and neat, they smell great, and are homey and elegant looking.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I've seen toy chests made for dogs... or rather jus customized for dogs... I'd say buy a kids toy chest and use that... they come in so many different shapes, styles, material... etc. They certainly DO have A LOT of toys though!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The cool thing about a wood toy chest is that you can get the same ones  (no artsy fartsy stuff on it) for your kids and your dogs and then decorate it yourself.  For my kids I painted their names in flowers with fairies in their favorite colors and for my dog I painted a big dogbone wrapped in flowers and laminated pix of her and then glues them to it in various place, then I varnished the whole thing.  So with a plain old wooden toy box, you can make it your own and very unique.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
That's it.............I'm calling the authorities! I can tell Chloe just does not get any attention or love!  :bigrazz:

Seriously though, I think she needs just one more toy to be happy!  :rofl:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Alicia\";p=\"11702 said:
[quote="mybaddogs\";p=\"11664":20mcv1r8]holy crap, those are your dog's toys? 8O  8O  8O

I thought my dog had a lot of toys
:lol:  I was thinking the same thing!  I feel the need to go to PetCo now!  
I have Lola's toys in a big wicker basket....but I think you'd need about 10 of them!
Good luck!  If I see anything I'll let you know!...oh, you may find something on dog.com  :D[/quote:20mcv1r8]

I too use the wicker basket, although as soon as I put the toys in there my pup pulls them out.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Good lord allmighty!! Thats enuf toys for all of our babies..Lol..I like the wooden toy box idea..Looks nice and you can personalize it..I've got mine in a wicker basket also, course evry time I round them all up and put them away, someone follows beghind me and takes them out.. :p

·
Registered
780 Posts
We use a big wicker basket too.  We go through and throw out the toys that are not working anymore or ripped, etc.  That way they can get their toys whenever they want them....they just lean in and grab what they want.....they are usually following us around when we pick them up and put them away and as soon as our backs are turned they grab toys and put them on the floor!!!!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I have a big wood toybox in my living room for Lilly and a big wicker basket in the kids room.  The wod toybox has a foot pedal that I installed in it so that she can just push it and get what she wants.  She loves it.  and it keeps the kiddos out of her toybox (or I would never be able to find Lilly's toys).

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will confess..I am addicted to buying toys for Chloe lol. I don't have any kids but I instantly turn into one of those mom's who can't say no to their child when I take Chloe into a pet store. Or if Chloe makes me proud (like today) finally we were able to take a walk using a regular collar!!! We have been using a easy walk harness for awhile and teaching her not to pull and it finally paid off. So yep you guessed it..off to Petsmart we went and bought a new toy or two.
Thanks guys for all the ideas, If only I could find a wooden toy chest big enough..I would love to decorate it and get rid of these nasty lookin rubbermaid ones. I LOVE the wicker basket idea too! I did bag up quite a few toys today to give to the shelter so maybe they would all fit in one now.
Once again, thank you for the great ideas  :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts