Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14 week old has an obsession with eating rubber toys. So far she's eaten part of a rubber chicken and half of a rubber ball (she puked it up thankfully) we no longer let her have rubber toys but I don't really know what to give her. She shreds tennis balls and pulls all the stuffing out of stuffed toys. Is there anything else I can give her?

·
Registered
984 Posts
I wouldn't give her or leave her with anything unsupervised for now since she can't be trusted.

If you are supervising her I would think you could use whatever you like.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
My 14 week old has an obsession with eating rubber toys. So far she's eaten part of a rubber chicken and half of a rubber ball (she puked it up thankfully) we no longer let her have rubber toys but I don't really know what to give her. She shreds tennis balls and pulls all the stuffing out of stuffed toys. Is there anything else I can give her?
We have a terrier that will do that. Can't give her toys unless supervised. I find that she doesn't destroy a kong and we will give her a himalayan chew until it gets small then we microwave it to puff it up, or bully sticks, I don't really like those though cause they get messy. She can play with rope toys under supervision but not alone. Or and Dentley makes a stuffed femur bone(petsmart has them) and that works very well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What is the size of the toy you offer to your dog? Your dog is still a pup, he would like to chew everything all the times, which is the process a pup has to experience. It's better to give him some toys of stiff stuff or bully sticks. With his growing, you could buy the big-size toys for him, to avoid swallowing accidentally. However, all the toys should be approved to play under your supervision.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Boxer Toys

I have an 8 year old female, shreds practicely everything. My best buys have been a training dummy I bought from Amazon, normally used to train labs to retrieve.

Toys made from what apppears to be fire hose. I've bought several at Marshall's and Home Goods. Several companies use the product creatively making cute animal forms, etc. It takes her much longer to destroy these since they are heavy duty. As previously noted, don't give anything stuffed with fluff; I've read of several very expensive surgeries to remove it from dogs stomach and digestive tract - when the owners were lucky enough to get pet to vet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
rubber this is very harmful to a boxer's stomach. I think she lacks calcium, so the vets explained to me when the dog nibbled my shoes

·
Registered
15 Posts
You could try to give her a puppy Kong (they have different sizes), the Kong is harder than rubber toys and allows you to hide some treats in it. So, it is beneficial to puppy chewing period. I also used the Kong to train my dog in different fields, such as crate training and separation anxiety.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I use Nyla bones for powerful chewers and Benebones too they work well for chewing and I just throw them away when they chew the ends off of them. Toys are supervised when they tear them or they start coming apart I just throw them away too. Some toys are made tougher than others but swallowing things can lead to death or a very expensive Vet bill easier to throw away!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts