Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best options for young puppies?  She hasn't really gotten interested in anything but shoe laces....

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
For toys, mine really dont play with them that much.   We have some plush and they will run around and chase each other trying to get it.  Other than that - anything that squeaks is usually a big hit in my house.  However I think they should come with a bottle of asprin for the owners.

Cuz balls seem to be popular in my house.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Yes shoelaces are a bit hit at my house too!  My son will soon learn that unless he wants to redo his shoelaces every morning, he'd better find out where the closet is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
we use chew bones, but what really keeps China busy, believe it or not, is an empty water bottle. Now I dont know if this is healthy for her but she just plays with it until she completly destorys the small bottle.  The other thing, that we us is a kitten. The kitten is a little younger then China (she is now 4 mos), but I'll tell you, they go at for hours. I've never seen a dog play with a kitten like China.  When she starts to get rough we calm her down by either giving her a time out in her crate, and the kitten too, because she's just spitting fire. We never leave either of them unattended. Because at about the 3rd week the kitten got a little confuse and wanted to nurse and China was letting her. Well that is a no-no, so we got a spray bottle and just keep our ears open when it was quite it was time to see what was happening. We've made it though that. Any way hope this will give you some ideas. With a boxer anything is possible.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Jaxon is a toy lover!  He has flavored tennis balls, squeaky tennis balls, a hedgehog booda, a wiggle giggle ball, a puppy kong, a knotted rope, a loofa dog, and several blankies that he drags around and roughs up.  He also has a puppy nylabone that he is very proud of for some reason.  He insists on showing everyone who comes to visit.

Maybe try a kong woobie (is that the right name for them?) since she likes the shoe strings.

G

·
0 Posts
I cannot get Jetta to play with any of her many toys that I got her...she only wants to play with hands and kitty toys that our cat has...

·
Registered
220 Posts
How old is Jetta?

Try the rubber chicken lol.  Or you can get these new balls that are really durable, made from rubber that squeaks... Hartz makes them.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
See my post, "sadies favorite thing to do.." She goes nuts for that toy! It has a string attached so you can dangle it! Best 10$ I ever spent! Also nylabones are good for chewing on, so she doesn't go for the hands, feet and furniture!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sophie like plush animals and she had one shaped like a bone with a squeaker in it.  She couldn't squeak it at that age, but she carried it all over the place.  She also like the rubber chicken "Henrietta" which is different (and smaller) than Kane's rubber chicken, that he carries all over the place and has to make sure it is in the room with him during the day, and in his bed at night.  Weird dog!!!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
There is one toy that Chloe has gone crazy over ever since she was a puppy.. it's called the wiggly giggly ball..They have them in mini size and that was the only toy she would really play with as a puppy. They are pretty durable too..The one she has now is the bigger one and it's been over a year and it's still in one piece.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Oggie loves his Tirebiter.   Tirebiter

And its only 5 bucks!  Supposed to clean his teeth in the process too.   I got him a puppy nylabone and a puppy kong which he likes too.  The puppy nylabone scares me a bit though, its very small and it bends.  I make sure to watch him because I could see him trying to swallow it.

I need to find some more toys, I'm going looking this weekend!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Jaxon loves anything!!!  He has several plush squeaky toys, flavored tennis balls, squeaky tennis balls, a wiggly giggly, and of course a kong to name a few.  Maybe a wubba kong would work since she's liking shoe strings...sort of the same idea.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wubba has just come out with some new additions, they are fleece and great for pups and a lot softer than the others  :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
well at first reese liked the stuffed  plush toys, but she apparently has changed. She loves the rope toys and tennis balls now. she destroyed her first tennis ball yesterday!

G

·
0 Posts
Jetta is now into ropes and tennis balls attached to ropes.  She still loves her plush toys and also like her rubbery squeeky toys.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I've come to realize Oggie will play with anything as long as someone plays with him.  Always lookin for a good new toy though

1 - 20 of 21 Posts