Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your boxers choice of toys. Cooper is a year old and is a big big chewer. I've had kongs, rubber, bones. He loves stuffed animal type toys but he shreds all the stuffing in 10 seconds. If I put a treat inside the toys he gets the whole thing out in 5 minutes. He plays a little with balls but when we go outside he's not a jumper and doesn't like to fetch. He just likes to run around and pee on every tree he sees. ImageUploadedByPG Free1415201992.017201.jpg
This football he has torn a hole already and starts to eat the rubber stuff. We also have a big rope that he likes and we play tug a war. Any other suggestions or pictures would be great.

·
Registered
388 Posts
We have only had Roxy for a few months and she never played with toys before. She is only now learning how to play. Porsha fav toy is a ball.... but not a cheap tennis ball it has to be an expensive chuck it ball. Only the orange one the blue is no good lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Both of my boxers LOVE the Jolly Tug n Toss ball!! We leave it in the yard for outside play so they don't try to chew the handle off lol They both love any stuffed toys but they often get destroyed too easily. We recently bought them each a Kong Cozies Stuffed Animal Toy and surprisingly, they have lasted several months! :) My male boxer is obsessed with squeaky balls, which drives my husband crazy lol

·
Registered
945 Posts
Tyson loves soft squeeky toys. They both destroy the bigger stuffed toys but puppy squeeky toys survive years. For some reason they have no desire to destroy them. Echo also loves all balls. Her favorite balls are the kong ones that squeek. However, she chews the green fuzz off so I stopped buying them. Her all time favorite is an orange and yellow ball that came in a Christmas pack that petsmart sold last year. I pushed the squeaker inside so she doesn't annoy me too much.

·
Registered
545 Posts
As per most of you stated above Darla loves stuffed toys but she also demolishes them fast and easy. She loves squeaky toys. We bought her stuffed squeaky toys before but she ripped them apart, she now has rubber squeaks and they have lasted her.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ruby loves rope toys and balls. She is constantly trying to steal her rat terrier sister Emerald's stuffed animals but the only ones I "let" her steal are the fat cat brand. They are made of a canvas material so its more durable. This way Ruby still gets to play with stuffed animals and I'm not picking up stuffing constantly.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am liking the rubber chicken one. Maybe I will try that. Cooper loves the squeaky ones to but I noticed that he whines a lot when he plays with them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just an empty plastic juice bottle with the cap inside... He loves it over all his store bought toys..

·
Registered
23 Posts
They love anything with a squeaker in it. The JW brand rubber toys seems to last the longest.
Just a warning with squeaker toys. My MILs boxer got a squeaker out of his toy and swallowed it. It got stuck in his intestines. The bad thing about the squeakers, are they don't show up in x-rays, so the vet didn't know what was wrong with him. He didn't eat for days and lost 10lbs. After various medication he eventually passed it. It could of been way worse though.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Bella loves full size soccer balls. I will kick it across the backyard and she'll tear after it at full sprint and try to catch it off the bounce. She even picks it up in her mouth and carries it around the yard. It is definitely a sight to see, and wears her out far faster than playing a similar game with a tennis ball.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Kai seems to like his rope toy the best. He likes to toss it in the air and jump up to get it. He also plays with what looks like a ball with a bone going thru it., I remember the bone to be chicken flavored and all I can see on the ball is JW. Even my cairn loves this and she can destroy a toy in minutes (not this one though). It lasts. We also have Kongs and he will play with them for awhile.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mya's favorite thing besides bones are rope toys. She's not really too crazy about balls or squeakers. She has two kongs, but doesn't usually pay much attention to those either.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts