Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zoe is having TPLO surgery on her left knee on Monday. I am so nervous, I'm just sick!

If anybody has any advice or suggestions on how to get through the following weeks after surgery, I would really appreciate it! As well, if I could ask you to keep her in your thoughts, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Stephanie

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! Zoe is recovering as well as can be expected. We've put this surgery off for quite awhile hoping that modified exercise and laser therapy would help, but alas the ligament was almost completely torn! I will pick her up at 6:30....so nervous that we can manage this recovery. I'll update more once she's home.

Mattsmom - thank you! I may very well reach out to you soon.

Stephanie

· Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers and suggestions! I received lots of advice form a couple of facebook groups as well, so was feeling as confident as I could after this surgery. Zoe's ligament was almost completely torn, just a tiny bit hanging on, on her right side! Here she is resting and for her morning icing session today.

· Premium Member
13,501 Posts
Glad she is doing well :)
Looks great from the pics you posted, doesn't look swollen at all.
I am guessing the incision is on the front side of her leg?
How's that look?

· Registered
1 Posts
Having an experience with this kind of surgery for my dog, it really is heartbreaking that they are experiencing pain and had to go through the surgery. But having that surgery is giving them chance to run freely again. I'm here to share my Minji's TPLO surgery journey. When we had an appointment with our vet a few years ago, my Minji was advised to have surgery since she had a tear in her ACL. She had the surgery and we had to crate her for the first few weeks to avoid the surgery from opening up. TPLO Info helped us a lot since they have a lot of information about TPLO surgeries. From pre-op to post-op. I hope our experience helped some of you. Lots of love from Minji and I.

-Amelia

1 - 12 of 12 Posts