Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we still doing it?  What time?

I don't have any clients today so I can do it this afternoon...

Let me know...

Liz

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a question for you.  As you know, or not, I have a 9 mo old male Boxer neutered. Generally, he gets so excited when company comes over it is just terrible. Some friends don't want to come over for his jumping, in their face, gotta have attention attitude.  I tell him no, I stand and tell him no, I point and say no, I tell him to sit, he does for a moment and then he is back at them. He will not leave them alone.  God forbid they get up and move after he has finally setteled, it starts all over again. I try to be calm, assertive and its like I don't exist, and for my wife its like she dosen't exist. He can be just awful for company and he thinks he can act wild with me too.  I really don't want to crate him for guests, I would like him to have good manners, however. what do I do?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in the training section i have a stickey thatis titled something to the effect of socializing a shy/timid boxer... read it...many of the methods in that stickey (ie: leashed greetings...no attention until calm etc...) are appropriate to use in your situation...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts