Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am traveling for the holidays with my girl. She has a travel crate & everything, however shes used to sleeping with me at some point in the night cuz i dont lock her in at night, she usually starts off in her cage ( she goes to bed earlier than me lol) and by the morning shes cuddled up next to me. Where i will be staying, the dogs are not allowed in the bedroom areas so i have tried to make her cage all nice & comfy, even gave her my t shirt & she is wimpering! Shes gonna have to get used to it but i just feel so bad!! Any advice? Could there be negative side effects to our relationship? Am i just thinking about it too much? Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I guess you are talking about a few days vacation? I know it’s hard, but if she whines and whimpers then leave her be, if you go to her and leave her again it will probably start all over again, As you said, I’m sure she will get used to it – I am completely confident that there will be no negative impact on how your dog feels about you – once in love, always in love
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Hey Snow I am sure she will be fine. I use to occasionally travel with an other dog I had, when we went to my brothers home he was not allowed in the house ,except in his crate in a foyer. He had a blanket and bed in there and was did fine. Once home he went right back into his normal routine.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all lol we are actually visiting where her parents live so shes having a blast & i was worried for no reason!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts