·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Lycky pup,travelling!

And a poser too!

·
Banned
12 Posts
Cute pics! I see you travel a lot with your darling puppy. Do you usually travel by car or plane? I recently bought a 4 months Rockefeller and I would like to make a trip to Egypt with him. Boat will take too long, thus it is not an option. In the same time, 1st flight usually is tough! How your dog behaved? Did he bark a lot?? Are here any members who flew to Egypt with their pets and had a travel safe abroad??

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Cute pics! I see you travel a lot with your darling puppy. Do you usually travel by car or plane? I recently bought a 4 months Rockefeller and I would like to make a trip to Egypt with him. Boat will take too long, thus it is not an option. In the same time, 1st flight usually is tough! How your dog behaved? Did he bark a lot?? Are here any members who flew to Egypt with their pets and had a travel safe abroad??
I would seriously reconsider the "Take my pet," part of your plan??

Airline's seem to specialize in "killing pet's" these day's especially the brachycephalic dog breeds, dog's with short stubby faces. Most suffocate in route in route. But ... they like to mix up, as it were so they killed one French Bulldog ... without leavening the ground! And suffocated another in the in flight overhead storage! :
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6538933/Virgin-left-couples-beloved-bulldog-Bruno-die-blistering-temperatures-tarmac.html

And the larger breed dog's with normal faces ... they just manage to breaks leg's and fracture hip's?? And in any case, if he is one of the lucky one's and survives the trip??? I would imagine, he be put in quarantine for "two weeks," once in country??

At any rate 4 months strike me as way to young to be "expecting," a puppy to endure a trip like that?? He'll be trapped in a crate for hour's and in impound (possibly) upon arrival! It's a lot of stress! And you can't sedate him as that slows his heart rate and he would then be pretty much, guaranteed "not" to survive!

Taking your dog at such a young (important age) on a trip like that?? Strikes me as a pretty crappy plan?? You should have waited to get him and got him when you got back. I'd make other arrangements to leave him here, while you go abroad.

But to be fair, I'd not go anyway so not a problem for me. Welcome aboard in any case. :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Air travel in a hot climate sounds like a very bad idea to me boxers have short noses and its hard for them to handle heat as it is, Egypt is very hot, hot air hot sand doesn't sound like a good idea to me!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Those pics of Bane look great! He is just about the same age and coloring as Duke :)

Regarding Egypt, I think that is asking too much of any dog, let alone a boxer pup. I spent a month in New England this summer when Duke was just 3 months old and drove from Florida to Boston to avoid putting him on a plane. He did very well in the backseat of my car for the 2 day drive (each way) with a sling and toys, but even that was lot to ask of a pup.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
And the cargo travel by air to Egypt ... yeah, "NO!" That is just a "Crappy Plan," all the way around??? The best way to guarantee, the pup's survival, is to buy will a separate ticket so he can have a seat next to the owner!! And "insistent," that is where he rides!! If one is not prepared to be an A-Hole, to ensure there "dog's" right to a passenger seat ... then don't go!!

And "apparently" an owner would have to be willing to, "Fight, to ensure that is where he rides!" The frenchy that suffocated, in over head cargo ... had a seat! But the stewardess, insisted the dog be stuffed in to over head cargo ... where he suffocated!!!

Now I was not there and, talk is cheap! But I would luv to see The airline tell "ME," they were gonna stuff my freaking Dog, in freaking overhead cargo!! Yeah ... most likely, "we'd ," have not made that flight!!!

But hey "survival," aside ... the "Middle East," is not particular hospitable to "Molosser," Breed's anyway. If you look at Boxer's around the World, everyone has one in uh reasonable climatic conditions. Cuz you know ... what the heck is a "French Boxer???"

But you know that aside ... dog's of the "Middle East," tend to look like, well an Afghan Hound! Look at an Afghan Hound and look at a Boxer And it's pretty obvious which is better suited for the Desert. Just to state the "obvious."

But air travel for dog's ... in and of itself, is not deadly! SAR dog's travel by air all the time to all regions of the globe! But they "don't" travel in the cargo bay! They travel with there handler's and that's the difference in a dog's, "Air Survival" rate.

I think most travel in, Military C130's and in that case ... everybody rides in Cargo! And if commerial Air lines have to transport a SAR, team, it's pretty bad PR ... if they kill the freaking dog in route!!! Just saying. :)

But a puppy, "Boxer" to Egypt, ... that's a pretty crappy plan as "I," see it?? But hey what do I know?? Cuz if I can't get there in a car ... I ain't going, so there is that. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts