Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are going away for a long weekend with our babies this weekend, our first mini-vacation with them! We found a great b&b where one of the dog-approved rooms is in a separate building, which is nice and there is a restaurant on the grounds for dinner, so we don't have to go far from them to eat.
Abby has been extremely vocal lately and I am nervous that she will bark when we leave them behind for breakfast and dinner....I plan to leave a couple of peanut butter kongs for her to keep her occupied for a while, hopefully by the time she is done, she will be relaxed. Brady will be nervous but he is quiet and calm when nervous. Fortunately we are in a separate building and are the only ones in that building but I was told it is about a 100 yards from the house itself. And she has a loud bark..being right there, we can always leave dinner momentarily to listen for her, but anyone have any suggestions for keeping her quiet? Given that she will be in a new environment, I fear she may get a bit obnoxious!
We are bringing her crate and plan to put a clothing item from the day in there with her for the scent, for dinner, we can close the lights, maybe that will be good for her, but for breakfast, not much we can do. I think we may take her out, then feed her immediately before we leave....that will occupy her for a whole...um...minute. And of course, her favorite toys, etc.  While she doesn't tend to chew much on rawhides, I may dip one in the PB just to get her working on it for a bit...maybe it will influence her to keep working on it.
Also, we will be walkng around all day, so hopefully she will just be exhausted and go right off to sleep..but I think I know my baby too well to expect that! hahah!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
We traveled to the ABC with Hanna 16 hours to Kentucky.  She was amazingly great.   When we had to leave her in her room while we went to dinner we made sure she went on a nice walk and was kind of tired before we went out.   This assured us she was going to snooze in the crate.  We also left the radio on and covered the top of the crate with a blanket like it was at home.     It worked pretty well.

Good Luck on your trip!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! we can't cover her rate unfortunately because she chews apart anything that is resting on or near it! hahah! I wish I could...hopefully, she will just be sooo tired from wondering and playing all day that she will just rest!

by the way HannaBanana...she has been on the timberwolf for 4 weeks now and has more hair growing in her bald patches than she has had with any of the foods we have tried her on...hoping the progress wll continue!!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
by the way HannaBanana...she has been on the timberwolf for 4 weeks now and has more hair growing in her bald patches than she has had with any of the foods we have tried her on...hoping the progress wll continue!! /
:lol: Thumbs Up!  Good To Hear, Hope it contines too!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts