Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning to some crapy weather; it's raining and the ground is all soggy and covered in wet slushy snow, so I knew it was gonna be a treadmill day...thought I'd share some pics of this morning's session, with everyone.

aaahhh not this again Dad

Good thing i've got my stick to keep me focused....look everyone!

Ok I walked on that thing again for you, now give me some COOKIES!

Time for a nap now, but without that darn camera in my face, grrrr!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Wow, Jetta hates treadmills!  Gabby is such a good girl!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
She is GORGEOUS! I love dark brindles  :love:  

How did you get her to run on the treadmill? Treats....? I have tried with Sadie on ours and she is not into it at all! And what speed to you set it at?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I just the the give me some cookie picture, she is such a good girl to go on the treadmill.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Those pics are great! I couldn't get Chloe near my treadmill soon as she see's me on it she takes off running. Way to go Gabby for getting on it! She is beautiful  :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sadiesmomma\";p=\"81279 said:
She is GORGEOUS! I love dark brindles  :love:  

How did you get her to run on the treadmill? Treats....? I have tried with Sadie on ours and she is not into it at all! And what speed to you set it at?
thanks for the compliments Sadiesmomma,

To answer your question, I started Gaby out on the treadmill as soon as I got her to get her used to it while she was as young as possible...I started out by just giving her treats on the treadmill but with it turned off making her lay down on top of it and then treating her....I did this for 3-4 days, to associate the treats with the treadmill, therefore in her mind treadmill means treats :lol: I then started out by making her walk very slow on it with her lead on and of course reinforcing this with more treats...after a few days of this I would gradually increase the speed up to a fast trot and giving more treats of course :)  now I just give her her stick as you can see in the pics and no more lead chain, and she gets her treats after the session ( it's good to make them work for food)....the speed I use is we start out at a slow trot for 10 min then I increase her to a fast trot for another 10 min, and then a cool down walking pace for another 10 min....so I do this twice a day when we can't get out because of the weather....so I guess the main thing if you want to get Sadie on the treadmill is be consistant, have a positive attitude and make it fun for her..

·
Registered
245 Posts
Gaby is such a pretty girl...her color is stunning. Wish i had a treadmill at the house to put mine on...I dont think my gym would appreciate me bringing them there. lol

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
i love the first pic of her on the treadmill...she looks so determined to get the job done..she is so pretty i just love her!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Woo Hoo, go Gaby go...That is awesome! What a great way to get exercise when it's crappy out..The cookie pic is great  :)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
those are great pictues! too funny...getting her morning workout in...gotta keep that figure!  :wink:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Awesome gaby!... I have watched Ceasar put them on so easy but I am sure it is not all that easy unless we are expert pack leaders  :lol:  My wife wants me to get one for Britney...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Awhhh how great! I want a treadmill so bad!!! I'd make Odin run on it too!!

Great pics! Love the stick pic! She's adorable!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Gaby is so beautiful - those pics are great!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Haha! Love the stick and the teeth pics! Gaby is beautiful!  :D

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
OMG those pics are just the best ! we have a big gym treadmill and Onyx and Isis will both lay on it..sit on it but when you turn it on they are ghost ! treats dont matter hahaha

i can see me now trying to put a leash on them and trying to get them to stay..they are both 80 plus pounds..wouldnt happen...hahahahha sometimes it would make things easier when we are in rainey season or when its too hot..

Gaby is gorgeous !!!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I can't believe she can go 1/2 hour without being distracted or get bored.  My two wouldn't make it 1/2 a minute.  And yes she's a pretty girl!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
ok i missed this thread somehow. I thinks its AWESOME that you give Gabby another outlet to release energy when it is crappy outside

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for the nice compliments everyone....Gaby loves the treadmill because she knows that cookies will be given after :lol: , so she's always willing to go on it :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts