Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
We added Duke to our family three weeks ago and he's a great pup.  When he first came home he had coccidia which was treated with Albom and cured.  But he's had chronic diarrhea ever since.  The vet treated him with Flagyl, but that just seemed to make it worse.  I think his intestinal tract is really messed up.  He's growing like a weed, gained seven pounds in three weeks, is extremely active and playful, and doesn't look a bit sick.  But he's still got diarrhea.  We've been feeding him Merrick puppy kibble and boiled rice and chicken.  Now we've added yoghurt to try to get some active bacteria into his intestinal tract.  The breeder suggested Bene Bac, but even that didn't help.  Has anyone else experienced this problem.  Help!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
This post came at perfect timing... I've been having issues w/ Damien (diarrhea) for over a month.  In the past when I've fed Taste of the Wild their poop was great so I've been hoping that since I've switched back maybe it will get better... but it's not and I'm really starting to get worried. I went from Orijin about 2 months ago (which they did awesome on for like 3 weeks and then all of a sudden it was liquid poop - sorry for the gross factor) then I tried Nature's Recipe... (I thought it was a better choice b/c it's not as rich) but it only made it worse.  So last week when we got home from vacation and I picked up the pups / saw how skinny they were AND they still had diarrhea I ran to pick up a bag of TOTW.  

Jasmine's poop is okay most of the time... but Damien's is horrible.  What worries me the most is that he'll go (diarrhea) and then a few minutes later he'll be contorting himself in half trying to poop and nothing comes out.  

Their activity level is still normal... appetite is great... drinking water... running / playing = all great.  

I realize that I've switched foods quite a bit here.  My question is how long do I give it before I take them to the vet? My husband keeps saying to give it a little more time on the TOTW (they've done great on this food before but we stopped giving it to them b/c they lost interest in it).  

Also should I grab some of these supplements? I was looking at the Gastriplex one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.