Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am getting things ready for my new puppy coming home. I want to get some treats to help encourage him when he does well and to help him learn tricks and things. I am wondering which treats work well and also I am wondering if all treats are safe to give puppies. Many times it says "For Dogs" on the label which makes me wonder if that means NOT for puppies. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Donya

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
How old is he? I always liked the real small treats as it was easier for me to work with when I'm training..For a puppy, I'd maybe go for something soft, I used to get these bacon strip chewy things that Samson & Angel loved, but I make all my own treats now, so haven't bought any in quite awhile...A bag of small biscuits are always good to have on hand as well..

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he's about 12 weeks old. yes i saw those bacon beggin strips and i thought about them because they are soft and chewy but i was worried that maybe he was too young?  this is all new to me. thanks for the help!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
we use  Pet Botanics Training Reward treats. We have lamb and some other flavor. they are the perfect size for training and both my girls love them. We got ours at petsmart.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I use 'Train Me' treats... They're smelly so the dogs die for them but they're pea sized and specifically made for training and what not.. Obviously by the name... lol

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
We just bought some Buddy Biscuits made by Cloudstar.  Their treats have never been affected by the recalls and they love them. Peanutbutter and jelly tiny hard baked biscuits (hard for Sophie to chew) but Kane loves them, and soft Chicken Madness (soft chicken & garlic) treats.  Great for training.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
For young pups I have cut up sting cheese into tiny pieces and used fat free turkey hotdogs.   They were extremely effective in training and soft too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts