Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I second the Zukes.  Oggie likes both the peanut butter and chicken ones.  

I like the Wellness treats.  Harder to find but good ingredients.  I get the puppy treats but they have adult versions.

Wellness puppy treats

I personally avoid Bil-jac.  Scary ingredients:

Chicken liver, chicken, chicken by-product meal, corn, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, wheat flour, propylene glycol, phosphoric acid, salt, calcium propionate, and potassium sorbate and BHA and citric acid (preservatives), iron oxide.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Yeah I hear ya, sometimes you gotta spoil them.  Pretty much every dog seems to love bil-jac too.  I notice Oggie gets bored of the same treats after a while.  I'm trying your approach though, use good healthy human food as treats whenever possible.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Oggie really likes bananas.  If I have them on hand I'll give him some fresh, or sometimes I cut 'em up into bits and freeze them.  Then give him a piece for a treat.  They are good in kongs too with peanut butter.  Doesn't get much cheaper than that.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I hear you about the choking though.  I got Oggie some "Breathies"  that looked good for chewing, and they look basically like strips of bacon, and instead of chewing on them he just tried to swallow it whole. I had to reach in his mouth and pull it out! Scary stuff.  I basically have to break them up and soak them in warm water to make them safe for him to eat.  I won't buy those again.  But he's a puppy so he's pretty limited on what he can eat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.