Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Jessie wont bother with treats that dont have bacon flavor... lol... so my options are limited...

at petco one of the workers wanted to give her a treat for sitting, and she wouldnt take it....

·
Registered
381 Posts
I started with Wellness Wellbites but they were really smelly, like open up the bag and gag smelly.  Also pretty expensive.  I use turkey hot dogs, chopped up into small-medium sized pieces now.  She loves the hot dogs!

·
Registered
107 Posts
For training I have found best the big biscuit in the shape of a bone it is quite hard to break so it is very challenging for Saigey to obey I use that when he is in a position for the judge to see and at training.
And as treats the loves green packet friskies sticks 3 in a pack, and loose dried sausages small.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I use Baker's Sizzlers - they look like rashers of bacon and Tink goes mad for them.  They actually smell really nice, I've often been tempted to have a little nibble myself!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Everytime we open the closet that has the dog supplies, Charlie will be right behind you sitting.  He's knows!  At lunch, he knows that I'm gettin a cheese stick to finish eating and he's right on your tail.  He loves peanut butter to.  He gets a small piece of cheese, usually one treat or cookie as we call em, and maybe a tad of peanut butter.  He's spoiled rotten!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Well, I'm not much help here cos I bake my own cookies for the dogs...Samson is on a diet, so he only gets venison...But when I bought treats, he always prefered the softer ones. When we went to obedience class, I looked for treats that were small, or that I could break up easily...Taste wise, other than venison, anything bacon flavored. Authority makes some great training treats that I used and Samson loved those... :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts