Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have been seeing quite a lot of these "tri colored boxers" being advertised lately as pure bred boxers, a certain breeder has a website and adamantly defends her dogs as pure Boxers even though they are tri colored.

She is defending this coloring as a variant of "Irish Spotting" in the Boxer breed.
Now all the digging I have personally done into it brings me to the conclusion that Irish spotting, while in the Boxer breed, has nothing to do with making the dog a rottweiler marked dog and simply controls the white markings. Correct me if my thoughts on that is wrong..

Unfortunately there seems to be quite a following of these new coat markings and I am quite disturbed by the amount of people so willing to believe that a boxer would just pop out marked like that without being a mix.

Has anyone else come across such nonsense?

Do you feel this is going to be a detriment to the breed in the years to come?

I have tried to explain to people that those markings are an impossibility in the breed but they absolutely refuse to believe it as "But it looks just like a Boxer":doh:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Tri color boxer oh jz soon there will be long haired boxers marked as "pure" lol boxers don't carry the black gene. Boxers come in two colors fawn or brindle nothing else with a possibility of white flashing. Anyone claiming to be pure has something else bred in down the lines.

I think there will always be people out there trying to debilitate the breed.. those are normally the ones just trying to make a quick buck.. it is sad.

I see online all the time "miniature teacup pigs" going for $$1200 +++ and people believe it! A year later my father who owns a farm gets a call from the local humane society saying they had a surrender and asking if he could take a full grown pot belly pig... he has 3 I believe lol its crazy.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
A couple near me has one huge female with rottie paintjob; big boxer head with rottie body...huge paws,the lot....hell,Valant actually almost looked small besides her

·
Registered
283 Posts
I remember a while ago that Blue boxers were the rage. What b/s. They happen to come from Pennsylvania too. It was some freak recessive gene that she was inbreeding. Wonderful Back yard stuff that you cannot make up.
Does anybody know anything about the bobtail boxer, born already cropped? Now that's a real story. Dr Bruce Cattanach.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
everything seems effup these days...don't know what to say about those 3 colors,blue or bobtails at the risk of offending someone :p

Now about that long hair boxer....anyone with good photoshop skills around? :camera:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Got any pics of these "tri colour boxers"? Never heard of this. Also I'd love to see a photoshopped boxer with long hair! ? Some of the reason I got a boxer was because of their super short coat.

·
Super Moderator
6,981 Posts
There is no such coat colour in our breed. Brindles and fawns are the only coat colour that our breed can produce. Boxers that are white are still either a fawn or brindle, the reason they are white is due to excessive flashing that covers the body. If you bred that white to a solid plain fawn or brindle you would not get a single white puppy. It is not a white gene, it is a flashy marking gene that has gone crazy.

Every several years the internet gets flooded with these rare "tri coloured" boxers and people claiming they are purebred. First off it's impossible, secondly the term purebred is loosely used. Just because a dog looks like a certain breed does not mean they are purebred. Purebred means registered/papered, it provides proof of said breed. No registry acknowledges tri-coloured boxers....why? Because it's an impossible coat colour for our breed. There is no recessive gene, lol. Some where way back in the blood line someone introduced a tri coloured coat ( Rottie, Doberman). They selectively kept a tri coloured offspring and then bred it back to a " purebred" over the course of multiple generations. The bloodline is unfortunately tainted with this gene now but it is not purebred, it's an unpapered cross breed.

Just because something looks like a boxer, doesn't mean that is what it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got any pics of these "tri colour boxers"? Never heard of this. Also I'd love to see a photoshopped boxer with long hair! ? Some of the reason I got a boxer was because of their super short coat.
I don't want to post their photos as I would feel like I am stealing them, I know I am weird like that :crazy:

But I will include a link to her kennel page where she advertises her tri color boxers openly. They are called Hobbashire Kennel.

http://mejwaldron.synthasite.com/boxer-dams.php :crazyeye:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is no such coat colour in our breed. Brindles and fawns are the only coat colour that our breed can produce. Boxers that are white are still either a fawn or brindle, the reason they are white is due to excessive flashing that covers the body. If you bred that white to a solid plain fawn or brindle you would not get a single white puppy. It is not a white gene, it is a flashy marking gene that has gone crazy.

Every several years the internet gets flooded with these rare "tri coloured" boxers and people claiming they are purebred. First off it's impossible, secondly the term purebred is loosely used. Just because a dog looks like a certain breed does not mean they are purebred. Purebred means registered/papered, it provides proof of said breed. No registry acknowledges tri-coloured boxers....why? Because it's an impossible coat colour for our breed. There is no recessive gene, lol. Some where way back in the blood line someone introduced a tri coloured coat ( Rottie, Doberman). They selectively kept a tri coloured offspring and then bred it back to a " purebred" over the course of multiple generations. The bloodline is unfortunately tainted with this gene now but it is not purebred, it's an unpapered cross breed.

Just because something looks like a boxer, doesn't mean that is what it is.

Exactly my thoughts as well, I have given up arguing with people over the impossibility of boxers having that coat color but it is a losing battle. I really hope it does not do long term damage somehow to the breed by introducing unknown temperament and new health ailments. :cry:

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
"Peling" on the site ... that is at best a "Boxer/Pit" mix ... nothing wrong with that ... but not what you/want/see or expect from a reputable Breeder.

And I luv "White Boxer" but the fact of the matter is that no reputable breeder would breed to a "White Boxer." I don't necessarily agree with but it ... but it is what it is.

So for the "OP" if you like there dogs ... fine go for it. At the bare minimum contact past owners and see how there dogs do over the long term?? But the bottom line is, that if your goal is a proven "quality" Boxer Puppy. That's not a likely prospect??

·
Registered
163 Posts
Exactly my thoughts as well, I have given up arguing with people over the impossibility of boxers having that coat color but it is a losing battle. I really hope it does not do long term damage somehow to the breed by introducing unknown temperament and new health ailments. :cry:
Very curious. What part of PA are you in?

·
Super Moderator
6,981 Posts
Woohhooo! Never heard of something like tri-color boxers. I would really appreciate if you can post some of the pictures of it. I 'm very excited to see something like this.:clap:
There was a link in this thread and as mentioned there is no such thing.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Hmm well I have to say ... a long haired Boxer??? That would be ... interesting, I can't even imagine???

But if we are discussing crazy town??? Miniature Boxers ... Boxers crossed with Boston Terriers I believe?? So Bostons of another color???

Pretty cool looking but yeah they were neither Bostons or Boxers ... people do stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts