Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
There is no such thing as a tri colored Boxer they may have found a way to AKC register them but that doesn't mean some manipulations weren't involved here after all I have seen some pretty horrible looking dogs AKC registered so that's not a guarantee on anything. A much more serious question before buying a puppy is health concerns are the parents tested for heart disease and DM and other genetically passed ailments? You may buy a dog with a unique color but is it healthy? A tri colored Boxer is most likely not genetically pure.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
This thread is 3 years old however the information is still correct. There is no such thing as a AKC registered purebred try-color boxer. This would be a backyard breeder in my opinion that cares little about the long term heath or the betterment of the breed itself. Having lost my boxer to cancer at a early age of 5, I would never ever buy from a breeder who does not genetically test their dogs prior to breeding and who does not follow breed standards .(that being said i realize nothing in life is guaranteed but I'd like a good shot at long term health).

·
Super Moderator
7,050 Posts
Yes actually! Im looking all over the place for a boxer. I have one that is 1.5 years old and his parents are AKC registered and we paid $800 for him.Hes full blooded and we REALLY want another one but that breeder has stopped breeding. So i found a lady on facebook and all of her dogs look like legit boxers...except that stud she is going to be using for this litter. (which from the sounds of it, shes used in past litters) but he is black but tri colors with some white and a tan chest and leg ( like a Rottie would have! ) id really like proof from AKC on this becasue boxers have been my dream dog for YEARS and ive never seem a tri color.
Our breed does not have a tri-coat. I would avoid any breeder that is attempting to pass them off as purebred.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Kaco, is a member here and a legitimate Boxer Breeder, Kaco Boxers Reg'd

And if she say's that Tri Colors are "Not," possible in the Boxer Breed?? Then well you know it's not possible! Now if you ask can it be done??? Well sure, introduce the color/breed or dog a few generations ago and breed back to a PB Boxer! And Bingo in a few year's there you go! A dog that look's like a Boxer of another color but is not! A DNA would tell you how that color got there. :)

Now if that is what you want that is fine! But you have to understand that the dog is not really, despite,the funny face and ... odd coloration?? A true Boxer, the "Temperament may be the same or different??" It could be better it could be worst??

It's a cross breed dog! Now there is nothing wrong with a cross breed dog but they should not be represented as something they are not??? And that much aside a "real breeder," has a "Web Site," FB." only as an interface ... pretty much says scam artists??

21 - 24 of 24 Posts