Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i just had to share this with everyone!! i went to the petstore today to pick some stuff up, and naturally the girls came with. Well we were browsing the store when i noticed a a mess on the floor, well i went to find an employee when someone just stepped right in the middle!! oh that was just gross, and this person wasnt even embarrassed about it~ just scooted her foot and smeared it EVERYWHERE. now this isnt even the funny part. I find an employee and they give the look like it was my dogs. i shrugged it off and went to check out. well the cashier asked me what kind of dogs they were, and i told him they were both boxers. He looked me dead in the eye and with a VERY straight face and said "we dont get many of those dogs in here, we mostly get boxer terriers. Those boxer terriers are so much smaller than yours boxers....maybe they are mini's!!"  :lol: i had a look of shock on my face. I asked if he meant a BOSTON terrier and he was adament that he was talking about a "boxer terrier" i just gave up, got my reciept and left.

I figure we always have those crappy run-ins with people assuming things about our babies (they are mean, or they are pits, ect...ect...) i would share this one story that is the polar opposite!!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
LOL BOXER TERRIER!! HAHAHAHAHA Of course he was confusing it with Boston Terrier's LOL We have a guy like that at our Petsmart... I told hubby I think he's mentally hadicapped... not sure honestly but it kind of seems that way... he seems a little slow... yet he's right about everything. Maybe I'm wrong and he's just an idiot... but instead I give the benefit of the doubt... :) I so don't mean that at all in a bad way!

LOL now I'm rambling... sorry guess I should get to bed! LOL

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I had someone at the bank today ask me if Lilly was a Boxer and then proceeded to brag about his miniature Boxer...Lol!!!!  I told him that I was sorry but there are no such thing as a mini boxer and that if his dog was anything it was likely a boston terrier.  He got this screwed up look on his face and I told him he should fire his breeder...  Then I told him to go home and do a web search on "MINI BOXERS" and Boston Terriers...

Wonder who won that agrument???  Cause I'm still not sure...

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I can see how the guy at the bank may not know his breeds, but if it happens at Petsmart again, refer the clerk to their own book section of the store for a refresher course on different breeds, too funny!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Boxer Terrier!!! :rofl:  I shouldn't laugh. In a few months it could be the new "designer breed".  :(

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Boxer Terrier thats a new one.  Too funny, wonder if the AKC knows about it????? :lol:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Boxer terrier  :rofl:  Too funny Andrea..I had someone ask me once if Chloe was a mini boxer..tried to tell them there was no such thing and she was like yes there is my friend has one and it looks just like yours..I replied, well then your friend has a BOXER.   :)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
after researching, i have found out what the hell a mini boxer is..

It is usually a bostom terrier cross with a rat terrier (or osme other small breed).  These dogs generally do not have boxer in them or their lineage.  They have the Boxer look, but thats it.  They aren't recognized by any registering organization (AKC, UKC, CKC, etc...)  These are basically very expensive designer mutts that have been inappropriately dubbed with our beautiful breeds name!!!

How irritating!!!

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yeah... I was researching it online too... started to read about it... it's just a MUTT! Not that there is anything wrong with mutts but there is something wrong with NAMING A MUTT a MINI BOXER! IMO ANYWAY!! That makes it sound like it's an actual breed when it's not... even more so a boxer!  :bslame:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
ROTFLMAO....Oh that is way too funny Andrea....So, now our babies are Boxer Terriers, huh? And there really is such a thing as a Mini Boxer? Hmmm...Sounds like mutt to me  :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I found this link too, if you look under H then you can see the hybreds.  Some are pretty strange mixes.  It is really sad that this is happening.  If they start to sell, then the mills will go crazy and before you know it there will have to be a rescue for them  because the craze is over.

http://www.puppyparadise.com/breed_guide_puppies.html

·
Registered
126 Posts
true on that kiah and i dont understand why people breed like that cause it dont do anything but to promote money and not the well fare of the animal and the breed standards at all. talk about dog having problems downt he road just mix breeding that way gives alot of health troubles in the long run.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts