Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I went to let Milo and Kaci in and Kaci ran right in where I had to coax Milo to come inside and he was VERY lethargic, drooling and had thown up. We watched him for awhile and he had NO pep, I even had to carry him upstairs. The biggest red flag is that he wanted nothing to do with water or peanut butter (his favorite treat). We took him to the Vet ER here in town and she said it was something GI related. After reading their little ER guide, our self diagnosis is that he was dehydrated. Either way, they gave him 700 cc (or ml, can't remember) of fluids, an antibiotic shot, pills and taking $173 from me, he seems to be feeling MUCH better. On the way home we had a little scare, he was sitting against the back seat with his head just flopped over, after I got on the brakes b/c I freaked out, he put his head up and we headed on our way.

sorry for the book, but I just had to share our scare.

I don't know what I'd do if it was something serious, and it seemed like FOR-EVAR to get to the vet, it's about 15 minutes away.

·
Registered
933 Posts
So glad to hear Milo is alright!  Stuff like that is always scary.  Hope all stays well.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He still seems a little groggy and he woke us up peeing a few times throughout the night, I'm guessing due to the 700cc's that he received.

I absolutely hate that we have to leave him alone at home today, I think I'm going to call my dad and have him go check up on Mr Milo.

The doctor said it sounded like a GI problem, but she was unsure what caused it. She wanted to do x-rays and blood work to determine what was causing the problem(s). I opted to just watch over him at home for a while to see how he reacted to the meds and fluids. So far so good, but we'll see how he's feeling when I get home from work today...in 9 long hours :(

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sorry to hear that your boy was sick last night.  We're sending healing puppy kisses your way for a fast recovery!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Poor Milo, hoping it was just dehydration...Definitely if you can get someone to go check on him, it will make you feel better as well..Hugs to you both, they do worry us, don't they?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dad wasn't in town, but luckily for me my work is VERY lax and easy going, so I ran home (hour round trip) and let them out and made sure he was okay. He still had the lump on his side, so I called VSEC and they said it's normal, it's just some of the fluid moving around (gravity). He seemed to be a lot more responsive and he started being his old hyper self. I'll probably have to keep Kaci and Milo apart for the evening to make sure he's 100% before they wrestle around.

Thank you all for the well wishes, we all appriciate it.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Glad to hear that he's doing better...Milo huny, no more scares for Momma, ok?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hope he is still doing well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts