·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i couldnt believe it...i mean i listen to alot when it comes to healthy stuff etc...by products..and i "thought" preservatives etc.. i guess not huh

i thought it was worth sharing...i actually was looking up stuff for flying the dogs OUT of hawaii and to cali or texas..planning ahead b/c we might have to change our date to leave to go with the heat bans for dogs flying out..which snub nosed breeds are even more strict ..boxers are included in the list

HAS to be below 75 degrees here in hawaii AND where we land..85 for other dogs...soo we have to make sure our flights are right or the dogs are refused AT the counter when you are getting ready to board plane..IMAGINE? grrr

G

·
0 Posts
8O      dang.  i'm all freaked out now.  i ALREADY stress over what I feed them, now its going to be worse.  I am going to start researching how to feed them food made at home.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
8O  ya thats what i did too..like oo lord i thought i was doing well on Chicken soup for the dog lovers soul

i mean i didnt wanna get super freaked b/c you know there are ALWAYS things out there about EVERYTHING that is bad or can kill you blah blah

but this one seemed pretty thorough

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
This guy might be right....but it'd be a lot more credible if it didn't descend into one giant sales pitch.  In my personal experience, people who use scare tactics to market their products are usually scam artists.  I remember my wife got this thing in the mail about a free vacation or something if you went to their seminar, I was sure it was a scam but we went just for curiosity.  Turns out the guy spoke for an hour about how the pots and pans everyone uses to cook their food are toxic and poisoning us.  So what did he want....that's right, buy THEIR stuff.  Most people walked out laughing but ya know what, a few people were buying their crap.

I went home and researched it, total scam artists with a shady past.

With that being said, I do agree that dog food is most likely filled with all sorts of crap.  The thing is you just don't know whats in there.  That's why I switched to raw.  But I'm overly paranoid to begin with.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya i was thinking samething when i started to listen and read it..but lol im not buying anything..just thought SOME info was useful..

i guess just to be aware...and lol Sully at the pots n pans...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I am sure there is a lot of "undersirables" in dog food since there is so much in human food too.  I do have to agree with Sully, I would have been a lot more impressed if he was giving this information away free instead of selling his book.  Then I would believe that he is doing this out of the love of animals rather then profit.  He did quote from some articles and you never know what the whole article was about unless you see the whole thing, but it certainly does make you think.   I have been thinking about going raw with Kiah becasue of her allergies but haven't done enough research myself yet.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
same here, Barb..but i have to research it more..and wait until we get stateside..its too expensive here !!! like unbelieveably expensive for meat...

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NOOOO dont freak out it wasnt meant to do that..i only shared to be aware..not to believe it all..b/c i dont..

id say take 1/2 of it as truth and 1/2 as trying to sell the book..just be aware thats all

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thanks! I think I will be ok. :D

And actually when I was researching RC foods, I came across this video where this guy said I was killing my dog bc I was feeding it to her. But he was lumping it all because of that massive food recall. Well it didn't just happen to RC. It was aLOT of different foods. And from what I recollect, things have improved. And guess what, I continue to feed her RC.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahaha ya i think we all lost it with that food recall it was so freaky !!

i fed nutro natural lamb and rice up until about 6 months ago when i switched to chicken soup for the dog lovers soul

love it !! and wil keep feeding lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts