Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 8 mth old boxer goes through toys very quickly is there any name brand or particular toy you guys recommend he had a kong come and a kong frisbee he hasn’t destroyed yet. He really likes the heavy duty stuffed animals but still tears them up fairly quickly and how do you guys feel about rawhides

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
My boxer is fairly gentle on toys however we also have a cairn terrier who can destroy any toy within seconds. I have found the best for her are stuffed densely femur bones, densely prime slices, or some RW or Kong toys, squeakers she pulls right out so I avoid most of those as I don't want her to eat one. Also stuffed toys don't work, if there is a nose eye or a flat seam she will pull it apart.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Kong makes a stuffed animal with rope knotted inside and minimal stuffing. My guy ripped some holes in it and pulled out the stuffing but the animal stayed together fairly well. Lasted the longest of anything I found.

I personally wouldn't go the rawhide route. Causes way to many stomach issues. I give Zuke bully sticks from Best Bully Sticks. If you are going to try that, watch when he gets it down to about 3-4 inches. A lot of boxers swallow that last piece whole, my guy included.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Ours too will just swallow anything once it gets small, I only use digestible chews, not rawhide and himalayan chews, but you also need to microwave them once they get to a stage where they can be swallowed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input I am going to check these out, I also read somewhere that they could choke on the knotted ropes that are in a lot of toys. Anyone have any experience with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts