Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone's boxer like watching tv? Fredo loves it ...especially movies..he'll sit there at complete attention in front of the tv...then when a scary part comes up, he'll get up and run and sit beside us. It's so funny, but i miss every movie b/c i'm watching him the whole time. lol

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Tyson will catch something every once in awhile.  But when he does it's super funny.  He will tilt his head, trying to understand what is going on.  Sometimes he will look at me like "what's going on".  It's so funny!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
When we used to go out at nite in Ireland, we always left Animal Planet on for Buck & Tia, not sure if they actually watched it or not....Samson used to bark when a door bell rang on TV, Angel sometimes reacts by tilting her head when she hears some strange sound, but generally nope, they just keep on snoozing  :)

It would be hard to concentrate on a movie watching the antics of our babies tho.... :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's the funniest thing. My friend came over last night to watch a horror movie and she couldn't believe how into it he was. lol

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"44587 said:
....Samson used to bark when a door bell rang on TV)
 Kiah will do that too, also I was watching AP and they had elephants on it, she jumped and started barking ran right to the tv stuck her nose on it backed up, barked at it again and then looked at me like she was saying "what is this thing doing in my house".  It was so funny.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
samsonsmom\";p=\"44587 said:
Samson used to bark when a door bell rang on TV
Does anyone remember that Dominos commercial? "Get the door, *ding dong*, It's Dominos." That doorbell in that commercial use to drive Buster insane.  8O  Of couse the commercial would come on every five minutes, and even if Buster was sound asleep, that ding-dong would come on and he would go flying off the couch barking to the door. It's kind of funny now, thinking back, but man was that the most annoying commercial ever?  :x

·
Registered
977 Posts
Voltaire jumps to attention when he sees Teletubbies. He's not a big TV fan (except for when there are animals) but he stops what he's doing for Tinkywinky, Dipsy, Lala & Po. :roll:  :lol:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Kane and Sophie listen to TV more than they watch it lol.  If they hear animals or doorbells then they will pay attention, but only for a moment.  I think they like the background noise though.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
lmao last night the dogs were asleep on our bed and a commercial came on for smoke detectors..the thing was going off on the tv and onyx jumped up ran downstairs barking hahaa... 8O he HATES THAT NOISE..

Isis watches certain things..shes super interested..just kind of staring like where are those people? shell look behind her and then look at the tv...its so funny

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I saw a documentary a long time ago that cats (possibly other animals too) see at a much faster frame rate than humans so they can't really 'see' what is on the tv.  When you had a cat that did to that, it meant they processed things slower than normal.

Not that I'm saying any of your dogs are retarded, but... :)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lisa, that was the commercial that used to drive Samson nutz as well!!! If I knew it was coming on, I would turn down the volume  :) Yup, seemed like it came on every 5 minutes.....

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Just about the only times Donner even notices the tv is this really annoying commercial ( I think it's for vacuum cleaners) that makes a noise just like one of his squeaky toys!! Not even sure what the ad is for cuz every time it starts I mute the tv or change the channel - he's SURE his squeak is in that BOX and he must get it out!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Isn't that amazing? Penny does the smae thing. from the first day that we sat her down by the TV she sits there and watches TV like us. What amazed me was that during a commercial or a boring part during a movie she adjusts herself. The only problem with TV is that when we want to go to bed and put her in her Crate she doesn't want to go. Sometimes shes so human-like. What a character.....

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry doesn't pay much attention to the TV.  There is a commercial for Insurance Depot, where they honk a car horn, and that gets him going.  He has to be let out immediately to go bark at the car! :lol:
OH!  And last week, we were watching football and some guys last name is Henry.  Every time the announcer guy said Henry, Henry would look at the TV.  He finally got up and left the room.  Too funny! :lol:

·
Registered
977 Posts
dan.daugherty\";p=\"45021 said:
I can't believe I didn't catch any crap for calling your dogs retarded.
:lol:  Well....If Voltaire's watching Teletubbies that means he has the mental age of a 3 year old child!!! I think that's quite good for a boxer :wink:!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts