Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very good video about GDV (stomach twisting) and gastric bloat. A little lengthy, but very important information since our boxers have deep chest cavities.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Fascinating! Thank you for posting that video. I had no idea of the signs to watch for, I feel much more educated now!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Great Video! I didn't know a lot of those symptoms for bloat and I am super paranoid about this disorder.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Did you sign up for Dr. Becker's site, Lisa? LOL!

I got the email and haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure it's very informative :) From Hannah & Duke's beloved vet :) We LOVE her :)

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you sign up for Dr. Becker's site, Lisa? LOL!

I got the email and haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure it's very informative :) From Hannah & Duke's beloved vet :) We LOVE her :)
I thought she looked familiar! Now I know it's from that possum video you posted awhile back LOL! I get the newsletter from Dr. Karen Becker ? Integrative Pet Care Expert on Mercola Healthy Pets I guess I didn't realize she was Hannah and Dukes vet! LOL Love all her videos and the site though. I think I found that site when searching for holistic information?

·
Registered
661 Posts
I was about to create a tread to show a video of an Akita bloating but then I saw that this was already a sticky. So I thought I would just add to this one. In the video you can defiantly see the bloating and an xray is shown of a normal stomach and a bloated stomach. This dog did get emergency veterinary help and lived.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U1WrT2719yo

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
So a family members 4 yr old St Bernard just passed away from a strangulation to her spleen..after reading on it ,it appears this can happen from gvd...vet told her that he has only seen 2 cases of this in 30 yrs...very sad and was very sudden and quick.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Sorry to hear about your family's St.Benard passing. :( I had no idea about gvd until coming to his forum.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I thought she looked familiar! Now I know it's from that possum video you posted awhile back LOL!
Wait what that's the Opossum lady??

When I am down a few more cats I'd like to get a Opossum but my understanding is they rarely live more than 6 years??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts